The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
local dealer selling several 1820/1900 seeeders. range in price,size,options,and year. looking at a 2001 61ft. 430 bushel tank, liquid kit, good cond. 39.000$ ? not familiar with the seeder at all,we run bourgault. what do we look for as far as problem spots? do we have to buy the control box to run it with a new Holland tractor? what don't we want as far as packers go? land is lighter not heavy gumbo. thanks

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Some of the wider model early 1820s had structure issues. The frame would fatigue and seeding depth would be compromised. There were ways to beef it up and you should check for welds and gussets. The towers were junk, but can be updated to current style fairly economically which are really nice. That drill would be run on an original brown box display, which i don't believe was ISO compatible at that time, but could be run on the newer JD displays I think. In lighter soils the semi neumatic packers are good. We ran the 3" ones and were happy with them in most conditions with a 3/4" opener. A steel packer may be better if your soil is very light, but not sure if that was an option.

Check if the manifolds on the cart were updated, there were factory updates. Though they may just need to be replaced if there is excessive corrosion.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I run one right now but am updating to a newer drill. The drill does a good job, in cereals and pulses but hate it in canola. Its a hoe drill, and not very good with small seeds. As far as the tank goes the 1900 and 1910 tanks are virtually the same a few small changes here and there but metering is the same. You will need a original greenstar display that are a dime a dozen. The 1910 went to the seedstar 2 which was ISO compatible. I actually changed my 1910 tank and blockage monitors to seedstar 2. Wasnt cheap but works so nice with 2600 or 2630 screen

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.