The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 340 ground driven cart and just wondering why our back tank applying Urea is having issues while the other 2 tanks are ok. It always seems to over apply, I always calibrate then re cal after 15-20 acres. Target rate was 175 pounds and had a weighed amount of fert in the trailer and it put on 200 pounds. I've done mulitiple 1/10 of an acre checks and it always seems to vary each time. You will get a few at 175 pounds and then will get a 200 pound one out of the blue. Is it just the way the Urea is flowing through the tank or am I missing something. I did a transmission swap between tank 2 and 3 and its the same. I am stumped.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Air leak on the tank would usually cause it to under-apply, I think.

I assume your tank is double chute? If so, maybe you have small lumps or caked fertilizer inside the push/pull chute selector that restricts the urea from one section falling through to the calibration bag. But that section would still be metering out fine into the top pipes when you’re seeding.

So my suspicion is you’re getting only 7 (or 5 depending how you're set up) meter sections worth of urea in your weigh bag but all 8 (or 6) are working fine when seeding.

If you take your meter out, slide the selector to the bottom chute, shine a flashlight into the open meter cavity from the side, laying on your back underneath you can see if any lumps are blocking one section. Each section should have clear square 2 holes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts