The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For years we knew our neighbor had a Gleaner Model A in a collapsed shed in the back of his yard and we being old Gleaner lovers, we asked him if we could have it. He let us have it and we got it working again. Father in law unsiezed the motor and we fixed whatever else needed fixing. Not much really, didn't change one bearing. The reel spokes needed replacing, fuel tank needed cleaning and had a pinhole leak, and changed all the drive chains. Got 13 acres of wheat to do. Should be sweet

Attachments

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Oh dang! That's really cool!
We have an old gleaner very similar to yours there...
I cant recall what model it is, maybe tomorrow I snap a couple pics if you like.
Do you have any pics from the rear?
My dad got ours at a farm sale near by 4 or 5 years ago, previous owner went through it putting it back to original, steering wheel emblem and all. Ours only has a pickup header on it. We used it for a round that year... worked surprisingly well!
Would love to use it again but harvest has not given us time to play like that for a few years now.
Paid around $1000 for it, the guy bidding against dad only wanted the engine out of it, dad didn't want to see it get parted out.

Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Only picture I have of the back of the combine. Yes I would like to see pictures of yours. What's the serial number of the machine? Are the inspection hole round or rectangular? Wish we had a pickup header for ours. Would love to go to charity harvests with it but they always have swaths. But I guess there's no swather small enough for this machine

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yellow: I enjoyed the pictures. Is your motor an Allis or a Hercules? My dad had on of each. We did as much as 1000 acres with those two A's.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Dad bought his from George Morris in Yorkton when he still had Allis Chalmers dealership. Brings back a lot of memories. They had a hole cut in the return elevator system and you could reach in and grab a sample to see what you were rethrashing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts