The Combine Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
if I could get the machine for tenG I would have found a 466 from a 6620 (maybe buy the whole machine to get it, haul the rest to scrap yard) majored it on the shop floor, and put it where the baby motor was sitting. I would seriously consider having a throttle cable made and run it into the cab, bypassing the stupid idle/wide open switch. Then the thing would have enough power to unload on the go at least. I am surprised nobody else has done this.

Might have 20G in the whole thing, plenty for an old machine with a lot of hours.

· Registered
119 Posts
Hey,
I know this is a dead topic, and that this is my first post. I have browsed this website a lot, and thought it's time for me to start sharing.
I've recently purchased a 1995 JD 9600 with duals and ContourMaster with 3000engine hours on it. While shopping for used combines this is my opinion....go big and get a good unit. What I mean is a 9600 is gonna set you back the same kind of money as a 9400(in many cases less) and will do a lot more work for you...hell the thing can run a 12row try that with a 9400. Also buy something good you can shop around and get a well maintained unit almost as cheap as a beat up piece of "JUNK" if your a smart buyer. How good is a buy if you have to dump 10grand in 'er to get it going.

Dano

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.