The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1992 TR86 and I'm having some trouble finding the Hydro Tank. The book shows it on the left side mounted to the grain tank.There is no tank there on this combine. My gut feeling tells me the Main Hydraulic tank is also the hydro tank. Is this correct or am I missing something? Forgot to mention that the dealership mechanics were clueless.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
We had a TR 95 so definitely an older vintage but it got me curious so I went into New Hollands online parts and I think I may have discovered a serial break where the last of the TR 86's didn't have the second tank.

Just as you said, our TR 95 had a hydro tank on the left rear of the grain tank just in front of the engine. Then it also had the hydraulic tank very close to the rad to the right of the engine.

If the link works I pasted in, follow along on the pages from 1 through 8 and note the photo grouping item number on the left side. On page 1 go to items (028), (029), (030) and open each one and you will note on 028 and 029, they show a reservoir tank { they name it a brake fluid reservoir of all things, no wonder its hard to find ... goofs ! } . But then in item 030 and on page 2 in item 031 they no longer show that tank. To me that probably means they did away with that tank although this is only speculation on my part. Match up your serial number to that listing and it may be a light bulb moment.

Then go to page 4 and items (107), (108) and in both items they show the same tank but a serial break there as well and some plumbing differences and I expect that is the tank you are staring at.

As a hint to see things better you can blow up the page to full size with the green key in the upper right hand area of that screen, then also you can click on the zoom button at the bottom of each picture and zoom in and also hold your mouse down and move the photo around to see things closer.

If you haven't been looking at this online, save the NH site so you can reference it in the future although as I have found out with NH and Case IH, this online system is not the same as what they use so pages and so on may not be the same and part numbers could be changed up, they sure know how to make a mess out of things that could be easy !.

Official New Holland Online Parts Store and Online Parts Catalog for New Holland and Ford Tractors.

·
Registered
125 Posts
There were three different setups for the hydro system on the 6 series. First they had separate reservoirs and systems for the hydro and hydraulics, then they plumbed the two systems together retaining both reservoirs, and then finally just using the hydraulic reservoir for both.

The reason for combining the systems was to take advantage of the hydrostat oil cooler for the hydraulic system where there were some overheating issues.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
We had some of the same issues with our service manual we had rounded up, not so much the operators manual but ours was the last year or so before the TR 96. Its rather sad when the dealership is that clueless as they could have at least done what I did myself and saw there was a change according to the serial number breaks. Obviously Mike10 has good grasp of that combine series.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.