The Combine Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am removing the grain bin and auger assembly would it be best
toremove as an assembly? or piece by piece any advice would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey Cecil I have done this one time so I can offer very little advice but may help. The guys I was working for at the dealer had me remove the upper half of the grain tank in one piece they told me it was way easier that way. I do remember needing a lot of overhead room and a very high lifting device. We used a front end loader tractor with a large pole attached to the loader. You need to go fairly high to clear everything if I remember correctly. Make sure you take all wiring into consideration. I think I remember one of the main wiring harnesses being attached to the rear right hand side of the tank. That would be some where in the area to the front of the radiators and coolers. I did not remove the auger but you do need to remove quite a bit of the bracing inside the tank so I am guessing the auger would not be terrible hard to remove once you have went this far as the top braces will be removed already.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts