The Combine Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am service ing my service truck to put away for the year and changed the fuel filter. Now it won't run. I took the filter out and filled the filter housing with fuel and then it started but only ran until that fuel was burnt. Did it again and same result. Anyone have a suggestion. Is my pump buggered?

Also the last few weeks of harvest the truck would quit as I wAs driving. It would Always start again. So was that an early indication of something.

Anyone have any suggestings. It only has 46000 miles on it

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replys. Lift pump sounds like a possible solution. The engine will run a bit so my thoughts are that it is not the injector pump. I will try the lift pump, maybe it is just a wire

·
Registered
257 Posts
I am trying to recall if 96 was the cut year or not - sometime when OBD II came out (96 +), the OPS did not run the lift pump anymore - it was redundant and the ECM ran the lift pump...

Either way - make sure it's actually pushing fuel - they can make noise without pushing anything.

Open the water drain valve while the truck is running - should have fuel coming out of it if the pump is doing its job.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Put a new lift pump on and that solved the problem. However now I have fuel leaking around the the filter. It is in tight Wtf. Is there an o ring or gasket that I have possibly misplaced

·
Registered
257 Posts
That top ring can get warped.

I can't recall if there is an o-ring or not - I believe there is one.

There was one newer style of filter that had the ring attached to it...

Also - make sure the air bleed on the top of the filter is tight.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.