The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres where I'm at..Been Gleaner for 30 years counting Dad. F. M2.N5.R50.R62.Was gonna switch colors cause of dealer distance..but He*l no. All I know is Silver.
Got a 92 R 62 thats got 2800 sep hours. Found a 98 R72 on a J.D lot with 2200 sep hours,priced 20 grand less than a 72 with 100 hours less on a Gleaner lot
. The thing is I suppose my trade ain't gonna be top dollar at the J.D joint. Anyway, this 72 has the turret style unloading setup, was this the first year of that ? And are they a problem? Also the machine's previous owner said the Feildstar never has worked even with a lot of tech help ?? Anyone else have that problem? Other than that it looks sweet,input needed guys. Thanks

·
Registered
337 Posts
Re: 1998 R72

Friend has a 98 R-72 with turrent, believe that was the first year, said it's been fairly trouble free. Fieldstar on the other hand took lots of tinkertime, says it works well now, but I'd still take my AgLeader.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Re: 1998 R72

You should check the vertical auger on the unload. If it hasn't been replaced it most likely needs to be. You cant tell by feeling the top and bottom either because they are a 1/4 inch on the ends and thinner in the middle. If it needs replacing get 1/4 inch sectional flighting and weld it on it will last a lot longer than a new one from agco. If the old fieldster doesn't work parts are hard to come by. You would be better off finding a agleader for that age machine if you want a monitor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts