The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 1998 TX66 and we got it running the other day to try and finish off the last few hundred acres left but we have a problem

With thrasher engaged and set for 1000RPM

We push the throttle up switch but it only will climb to approx 800RPM and stops. Won't reach full RPM

We had this problem once before in fall a month or so ago, but shut it off and started it back up and ran fine for the next few weeks.

Anyone experience this before?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We have the service manual and looking at the schematic it looks like the throttle control is being adjusted by a electronic "Throttle Actuator Engine" which looks like it is a electronic controlled little motor that regulates the RPM of the motor. It's controlled by 2 relays to move it up/down, which it does just not enough... so relays/switch seem to be working... so I'm wondering if this little motor is gummed up and not turning enough to rev up the motor?

Anyone know where this electric motor

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's for sure the linear actuator that moves the throttle back and forth.

I ripped it apart thinking the brushes in the motor were shot, that's a real pain they glue the motor shut. But got it apart, cleaned it out really good, lots of life left on the brushes, bench tested the motor worked great

put it all back together and it was able to rev up and down fully but still sometimes jammed up. So I think the problem isn't the motor but something binding inside the actuator. When it does jam up just get someone outside to tap on the motor and it'll eventually get passed the problem and rev up

So... getting started will be a 2 man operation, but once going at least we can get the last bit of combining done. Worry about fixing or replacing that actuator once winter really sets in

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have seen the actuator become damaged by the linkages being overtightened at the pivot bolt and/or wear at the point where the actuator linkage meets the fuel pump throttle lever. Check it and ensure that it is moving freely and not forcing on the actuator shaft as it moves through its stroke.
You should be able to check its operation without starting the engine, makes the job a little quieter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.