The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm getting a 4630 in just a few weeks and wondering what you guys think would be some good tips for me to start with. I will be spraying mostly 15 and 20 gpa. 13-15 for burndown and mostly 20 in soybeans and corn. What would be some good tip recommendations as Im not 100% sure how this sprayer will operate and its pumps abilities. Buddy told me he uses 6's for his 15gpa and runs about 13mph. He said at 20gpa i wouldn't be able to go as fast. Would 7s be better for the 20gpa or will the pump not put out enough to run 13mph+ at 20gpa?? Still learning on all of this so any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
592 Posts
If you want to run that much flow you need a big product pump. If you have uneven terrain its a good idea to have boom height control. The sprayer you are getting is a nice lightweight unit so tires shouldnt be an issue however, for your flotation tires (if you need them) get the tallest and widest ones you can use on the machine. sounds crazy but more flotation damages and tramples less crop. Can you see your center section on your booms from the cab via a mirror? its a good idea to have a pressure guage or a mirror to see what the center section is doing. A valve failure on that section WILL!!!!!!! make you wish you would have monitored it.
One tip for you if you have never sprayed before is utility poles, fence posts and trees have a way of coming out on top if you hit them so............... judge well or weld well :)
I personally have never ran a 4630 but its looks like a nice machine.

·
Registered
117 Posts
It is always nice to have a few different nozzles to choose from. Air induction for wind. I put on five way adjustable on ours, right size nozzle is just a click.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I've sprayed i dont know how many of thousands of acres with a pull type and hitch type sprayer just new to the SP ones so that higher volume and speed is my concern with this new 4630. Dont want to spend a thousand or so and have no clue lol. Just looking a start with 15-20 gpa and going from 12-15 mph. Didnt know if anyone had any recommendations. thanks in advance

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im thinking a 6 will be good for my 15gpa and probably move up to 8s for 20?? That sound about right to yall?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts