The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first year farming with my younger brother, after my dad rented his land out for the last six years. Had a pretty decent first year. A little more rain would have been nice, but crops were average to above average. The old renter left some of the land a little messy, but we're getting it cleaned up. If the weather cooperates hopefully we can get a good burn down, and take care of some of the thistles that are out there. Here are a few pictures from our harvest. We didn't get any of the canola, wich was our best crop. It was a pretty busy year trying to get equipment in place, and both of us working full time jobs off the farm.

the last of the barley

pea stubble

neighbors thought we were crazy. no one grows peas in our area

pea stubble with swathed canola in background

New to us KW with new CIM ultracel box. Had to cut down the stacks to clear the auger on the combine.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Nice pics.

Glad to see you had a good first year.
Congrats and hope you have many more

Sure like you KW tandam...thats a sharp looking rig

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks jumpy. I sure enjoyed farming this year. Would love to say the heck with my other job and just go farmin.

Thanks for the compliment on the truck. The old girl has gotten alot of attention. it's an '85 W900B. We pulled the interior out of an '02 KW and put it in our truck. I was quite amazed at how well it all fit up. Here is a pic of the truck before we put the box on and cut down the stacks.

·
Super Moderator
254 Posts
That is one nice looking truck. Is the box brand new? Thanks for the pictures. Hope you have a great time farming.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nice pics man. Im trying to get into farming too but its pretty hard when you dont marry into it or inherit it. Im still trying though! Nice KW.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts