The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an Sch ProDrive knife drive for my 1020 Header this spring. Put 500 acres on it and couldnt be happier. Ground Speed was faster by .5mph to 1mph even with worn out dull gaurds. I cant wait to see what it will do with brand new knives and gaurds next fall. Only noticed the speed increase in drybeans and soys, not so much in wheat just go as fast as it goes in.
Got up to 4.5 - 4.7 mph in drybeans cutting an 1.5''-2'' cut hieght and even lower at times. Very satisfied overall.

Hope this helps anyone who is wondering about these.
Bret

·
Registered
163 Posts
Thanks for the report. Been wanting to do this SCH upgrade also, but with the harvest being so tough i had other things take priority. I will be ready to try it out this year if nothing happens. Does it cut way down on the header vibration as well?? Do you use the same belt as the oem wobble box? Thanks Again.... GLENN

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is correct. You have to take in your old wishbone - A-frame and trade it for the revised A-frame.

Glenn No you cannot use the same belt as the OEM. We had to try three or four different belts before we got it right. It would've been nice to know before hand. I wish I could remember what size the belt is. I will have to get back with you with at least the belt number. If you have the old open style wobble box the noise and vibrations are almost unnoticeable.

kthwht1680 My 1020 header was serial number 000922. So I would like to believe that it will work on older style headers. No you cannot just take it home and bolt it on. You have to take off the old A-frame and put on the new one with some minor tweaking to get it where you want it. My Dad and I did it in an afternoon. Plus the time to find the right belt. No biggy

What I liked the most about this was the improved cutting at increased speeds. I know that if I hadn't switch to this i would've been doing it in the middle of bean harvest when the sun was shining.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts