The Combine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we finally traded our two gleaner r75s for two new 2010 9120's. It took a very long time to find a dealer that was even willing to trade. We were very happy to finally be out from under the gleaners they are a very very good combine and have never gave us any problems"9400 acers this fall and never had to stop"still took forever! But am still very glad that we were able to go red have a very good case ih dealer 10 miles away. Had asked local dealer "50miles away" and other agco dealers to price new r76s but they didn't even seem like they wanted to trade. Local dealer never even called us back!!! I think that the new combines will be a real good investment to the farm. We have wanted to go red for two years it is a good felling to finally do it!!!!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Gratulation!
You did the right thing. Welcome to the RED family!!!
You'll have a lot of fun in 2010 fall harvest111

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eric we harvest hard red winter wheat usually around 50 bpa,dry land Milo around 90 to 120 bushel, dry land soybeans around 30 to 50 bpa depending on the year, and corn dry land around 120 to 150 bpa and irrigated always around 260 to 280. Not nearly as impressive as in some of the areas of the country on the dry land side for sure, sometimes we miss the august rain
all crops are harvested at 17% moisture or lower so the 9120s should fly!!!
:: They will have forty foot drapers and we are trying to find 12 row corn heads

·
Registered
148 Posts
Good luck. I've got a friend that ran 3 9120's this fall, and the dealer service truck had to follow them around all fall. Not to many days were all 3 were running together. Not sure of what the problems were.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Our dealer her sold prob ally 20 8120s and 6 or 7 9120s and nobody's had any major problems at all. You are always going to have little things but at least with case ih "in most areas' you have really good dealer support, not true withe our old agco machines they were and still are great machines but you have to have some support from your dealer, and no offense to anyone but i know some people around here that "have trouble making a jackrabbit run for very long".

·
Registered
581 Posts
I cant boast of a purchase like that but we did trade our Gleaner R72 combine for a new 7120. Im not sure that the product is that much superior, but my local red dealer has a great staff and service folks. I can vouch for AGCO not having much interest in trading as we didn't get a lot of interest from them either. But I didn't have any trouble trading my silver in. Can't say that I got a lot for it, but I expected that.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Customfarmer82
We farm in northwest kansas"one of the arm pits of the world"lol Our local dealer has sold atleast 6 9120 that i know of and one of them with a 16 row case cornhead!!! The have also sold numerous 8120s and lots and lots of 7088s very good dealer. I think that we made a very wise decision!!

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
PJH, glad to see you went away from LDI to Colby / Hoxie / Oakley Ag Center... I would think that you will be much happier. We're getting ready to trade our 9750 for a 9770, not as much of a change as yours but still enough to justify being happy. Hope your fall went better than ours (mud, wet grain,etc.) but I'm sure you were in the same boat. I bet you CAC will have the sickle sections & guards and that you won't be the only one with that head in the country

I can think of one other R-75 owner that isn't too happy in this part of the world... probably be another Silver combine on the other dealer's lot pretty soon.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I hope you have better dealings with the red bunch from colby I tried to trade to red once but they never called back. Maybe God's way to tell to stick to green!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts