The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We run a 16 row 1770 with 2 point pull. We have only ever had 2 point on our planters. We are interested in a 24 row 1770 but it has draw bar setup. What are peoples prefrences on either?

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Is there a mechanism with the drawbar to give the lift the 2 point does? I would think the only advantage the drawbar would have is if your tractor couldn't handle the 2 point weight. Everything else I can think of would be a disadvantage.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Is there a mechanism with the drawbar to give the lift the 2 point does? I would think the only advantage the drawbar would have is if your tractor couldn't handle the 2 point weight. Everything else I can think of would be a disadvantage.
If you go to the link below, and zoom in on the tractor drawbar, you can just make out the hydraulic cylinder, for lifting the front of the planter, at the hitch. The whole point of this setup, is for the person pulling the planter with a tractor that doesn't have a 3-point.

John Deere

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I had a drawbar planter and it was a bit more of a pain to fold but otherwise was great. It could be pulled by a bigger tractor in a pinch.It was a 1790 CCS and was fairly heavy on the hitch but not terrible. much easier to pull down the highway on a pintle hitch though!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.