The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone find a solution to the short augers on the new 20 series combines? Ours is the longest available through CIH at 24'. We have a 45' Case draper header, always unload on the go, and need 28' to make it work.
Here's how the math works: 45/2=22.5, 22.5+1=23.5, 23.5+2=25.5 Half the header width plus a foot for the header end plus 2 feet for the grain cart tire means we need 26' if we rub the header every time.
The Stewart Steel Extender gives us about 26', which is perfect for Case's 36' draper. We ordered a 3' extension for the main part of the auger, but the local mechanic says the rest of the auger can't handle it and will break. The salesman says Case has no answers and the regional Case guy is unable to help.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The calmer add on is not as simple as the Extender by Stewart Steel. The new Extenders even have a grain saver that looks decent.
Case must have sold a few other 45' draper heads. What are those owners doing? Factory long auger versions from Case will allow the grain to make it a few inches past the header. I wouldn't be so concerned if the hopper could hold a full days worth of grain.

·
Registered
49 Posts
wheatworld isn't the 24 feet the actual auger length so it is 24 feet from the edge of the combine. so 24 feet for the auger plus 4 feet from the auger to the centre of the combine = 28feet.
well i hope that is right beacuse we have a 45foot macdon header comining too. wolters

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
2 three foot caseih ones or a 6 footer like the 9120 has. did they adjust the bearing on top of the diver helmet ? those unloaders are tough as heck. put cables on top if you are afraid of the sag. 20's are a lot tougher than 10's

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All combines list unloader length from center of machine to the end of the unloader. CIH 24' auger consists of a 3' and a 16.5' horozontal auger tube w/flighting.
FT, we tried to get the 6', but that doesn't exist any more. Just finished adding the second 3' extension. There happens to be 3' of extra wire for the unloader light on this 9120, which is perfect for adding the second extension. A truss rod or cable can't work because the unloader auger raises as it swings out. Not sure how to keep one of those tight.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
my friend frans put cables on his 8010, a long time ago, he had 2 three footers before me. ran it from the diver helmet to the end. kind of like some augers. double 3 footers work fine. think i have the only 6 footer around. ft

1 - 8 of 8 Posts