The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
I guess i am in the minority here but to me i liked having the ladder on the side. It is much easier to see the fuel trailer/tank when it is on the side than when it is directly behind the machine. We looked at our new machine the other day at the dealer and i really don't think it will be any easier or faster to get on top than the 10 series we have had. I just hope they come with the electric folding grain tank in 2010 like we were told.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
different control pressure different computer system fan clean out (never needed it) spreader speed in the cab. feeder house improvements. impeller blades have wear bars on them. no ymiu belt drive rotary screen single layer radiator improved elevator drives improved rethresher

·
Registered
330 Posts
I agree with smooth. Maybe its the way I fill fuel in the field or back up to fuel tank at shop, but the I love the ladder placement on my 08 8010. Much easier to line up side of combine to the fuel pump than when ladder is directly in back. The only bad part about it is if the wind is strong enough in the wrong direction it blows the flimsy shield around and up against you. That would have just required reengineering a better latching mechanism.

·
Registered
139 Posts
7010's were always pure belt driven off of a jack shaft which had another belt off of the engine. 8010's always had a hydraulic motor that drove a belt which turned the rotary air screen.

MY08 7010's and 8010's did not have a YMIU either.

Jeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts