The Combine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you can program the beacons on these combines? I would like them to come on during daylight hours as well as be able to shut them off after dark when the cart operator has senn you.
Thanks

·
Registered
136 Posts
If you have the switch turned on they start coming on every 6 seconds when you are 3/4 full and stay on when you are full. Only way to have them off at night is to have your work light beacon switch off. BTW that's the switch you put in the middle for them to work with your hopper.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Yes you can use them during the day, on the overhead light cluster, if you put the switch with the picture of the beacon on at half way, the beacons will work during daylight, there is not way to shut them off until the tank is then empty.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Farmboy, that is correct if the switch is pushed to its 2nd position, we have used beacons for over 20 years in the Uk to let the cart driver know the tank is getting full and our cart drivers on harvest this year in the states found it very handy day and night, saved all the comunication on the radio.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Evidently you never ran one cause your field lights are not on unless you turn them on. They share the same switch with the beacons but in position one just the beacons are on and position 2 the work lights and beacons will come on with the hopper 3/4 full every 6 seconds. Oh and during the day if you do not want to run the automatic beacon you can use the other switch to turn them on and off when you want.

·
Registered
125 Posts
MNFarmer, I think he meant he'd rather be able to have field lights WITHOUT his beacons operational at all. (Not trying to be mean or anything, just trying to clarify) And at least on our combines that is currently not possible.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I also should mention check your rear beacon bracket bolts (by fuel tank) ours broke and lost the rear beacon,arm and pulled the wiring harnes off so it was dragging. I see there is a DTAC solution for this #87287 calls for locknuts and grade 12.9 bolts. Just something to check out.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Also I think that same swith runs your front field lights so the beacons will always operate at night. I will try look into it if there is a way to program them to bypass at night

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Had a guy do this, older guy that didn't like the glare and flash if the beacons at night.i'll have to find out what wires are involved but radioshack has a photocell and then use a standard relay and it willl open the relay when it's dark, and they wont burn.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Another problem is I would like to be able to shut the beacons off at night after they have been on for a period of time. They are annoying after a while. This is after the cart knows you are full and is on the way.

·
Registered
136 Posts
If you are driving the combine you hardly even notice that they are even on. They are not a bothersome at all. The only bothersome I had was getting use to the left one thinking your auger was out when you catch it out of the corner of your eye.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
MN farmer is correct, they have shields so they dont flash you in the cab, its not going to be a problem on the new STS as they are on the new mirror bracket next to the cab roof and you dont even see them. you guys are lucky they only flash about every 6 or so seconds and only rotate six time, ours in Europe once the tank is 3/4 full they keep going until you empty the tank, But in my experance they have never been a problem

1 - 15 of 15 Posts