The Combine Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I had a 2000 35 ft with the 357 tank (the model that had the pencil augers and valmars) it needed alot of hyd i pulled it with a 9150 cih then I went to the 50 ft with 500 pull behind tank I was able to still pull it with the 9150, but it lacked the hp to pull the drill. that being said I used that tractor for a year

·
Registered
868 Posts
Ran 55 ft seedhawk with 397 tank, one fan with 9370 case think 27 ga cap'.
The trick is to send just enough flow to each valve .
Just check what is needed for hyd for fan.
Your shanks will travel slow when turning and fan is somewhat surging

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I put a 32 gpm on a 9380 with a 60' seed master, very similar, it was maxed out, when I put it in the ground I had to be careful or I would plug hoses
I did a similar piston pump upgrade to a Case 9280. It increased my flow 31-32 gpm on a dedicated system for running fans and works just great. It upgrades an older tractor that may be in perfect condition, other than the hydraulics are not large enough flow for new drills. I used the tractor on FC SC380 VR tank and Bourgault 6450 with dual fans and it handles everything very easy - capacity to spare even at 15-1600 engine rpm. The fans do not vary more than 10-20 rpm under any condition all season. It also runs much cooler than the original 27 gpm system because we sized all the fan plumbing to 1" and is very low restriction. I would just go to a major hydraulic supplier and get some quotes. There are several that I could recommend in the Edmonton area. PS Drive your new pump off the pto outlet on the back of the PS transmission and you can run whatever you want.

·
Registered
9,738 Posts
It will work but need to keep flow rate for down press low, when I upgraded the 9380 we had to the 32gal per min it was reasonable, only one hose became too short but if I remember right we had under 1200$ invested in it but was worth the money in more ways than one because at the time we pulled the grain buggy with it and we had a hydraulic drive on the auger, it was amazing how much that little bit more flow helped it and I'm sure you could get one of them atom jet kits from some place like big equipment in MN, the concept between my seedmaster and that seed hawk still remain the same and as far as I am concerned they are great seeding tools, I run the smart hitch and I have not a single bad thing about them

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.