The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has chipped a 9650 sts , curious about which is a good one and what percentage is safe to do

·
Registered
13 Posts
We have been really satisfied with the ATO power modules, have run other brands and the ATO is the most stable. They only provide 20% and actually that is all that is needed, have run some 30% modules and find they are putting things over the top, a pyro guage is a must with 30%

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Just be aware that when you chip the engine on your combine you will disable the electronics that de-rate the engine power if
it heats.

I know of what I speak.

MS

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
talk to amax, he has some experience chipping steinbauer is a heck of a chip, pm amax, to him see what options you have , scott.

·
Registered
632 Posts
We put a Bullydog Torque Amp on our '02 9650STS.
At 1st we tried 10% over but went to 20% and it really handled the 635 Flexhead in soybeans nice.
We ran it at 10% when combining corn with 8 row head as this was more than adequate.

·
Registered
78 Posts
What engine are you running in the 9650? Is it ok to go 20% on an 8.1l? I have a 2003 9650 and I was wondering the same. I ran an ATO module on a 9600 and liked it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
we have a 2001 9650sts that we put a bully dog chip on it, got it wiht 300hrs now it has 1200 and we have had no problems wiht the chip run it at 20% all the time, run a 12 row head on it with a big top hopper on it. very pleased wiht it. will be getting another to put on our 9670sts thats coming.

·
Registered
18 Posts
sorry for bumping a old thread up but no sense of posting a new one.

I just got a pretty good deal on a BullyDog chip, for $307, next cheapest price is $480. $173 savings.

its on amazon, ships in 2-3 weeks but i wanted it sooner so I got a price match from autoshepherd.com, they didn't hesitate to price match & it will be here tomorrow.

amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000VVVLMY/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&qid=1318421384&sr=8-2&condition=new

1 - 10 of 10 Posts