The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,
The InfoView Monitor (tiny B/W display) on our 03 CX combine is almost useless because of black lines across the Display. Every day more and more lines appear and you almost can´t read anything anymore.
I went to our dealer and asked for a replacement, but a new Display is very expensive and i can't find a used one to put on.
Is there another Display that can be used? The Dealer said he has some Displays laying around from new NH combines the take of to install better Displays. But he doesn't know if they work.
What are my options here?
cheers
Josef

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I'm replying to your "thread" from several years ago because I haven't been on combine forum much before but I have an 02 cx840 and the InfoView monitor is getting black lines in it now too - soon it will be unreadable... just wondering what you found out about yours...

·
Registered
444 Posts
If it is an lcd display there is a ribbon cable that connects the circuit board to the lcd. If the cable goes into a connector you may be able to clean the wires in the cable where they go into the connector. I have not seen one of these personally but there is only a couple ways they could have done it. The first way is a removable connector on both ends of the cable. If this is the case you can clean the end of the ribbon cable after detaching the connector. I use a pencil eraser and gently brush the ends then wipe of the end with a cloth.
The other way they may have done it is to solder the cable on the circuit board and use some type of conductive glue on the lcd. I don't think they can solder to the lcd. You may be able to push on the lcd end of the cable and watch your display and see if the lines move or change. I don't know if the lcd glued end is repairable but you may be able to wedge something in there to hold the cable down if the glue is going bad on that side of the cable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.