The Combine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
102 Posts
I had an 03 2388 never touched the rads for 3 yrs. It has the same type of discharge chopper as the 8010. Yes the spreaders are a little different but I would say pretty comparable. I got an 06 8010 in 07 and had to blow the rad out three times a day. Talked to one of the CIH vice-presidents after 07 and he gave me the new style screen and door that the 08 had on them. Well ran that in 08 and still had to blow the rad out three times a day. Crawled up and looked at the 08 8010 rad system. They seem to have less rads and the main engine rad has a wider honeycomb that allows the material to get sucked through instead of getting hung up on the rad. I am just curious if anybody has trouble with their 07 or newer 8010. I am pretty sure the 07 was the year they started with the wider honeycomb.

· Registered
102 Posts
amisdonkey- I see that your neighbor got a new rad along with the door screen. I am willing to bet that the rad is wider honeycomb. I wish the VP would have given me the rad also. looks like I will be checking into a new rad.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.