The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I leave Monday May 23 at 7 o clock from Ellinwood KS and head south. I will be gone all summer until August 10-12 somewhere in that range. You can follow me on the following site, http://www.lefebure.com/farming then the 2005 Custom Harvest Blog which should have a picture of a John Deere combine as the button.

Alex

ps. mx270a is the head moderator around here now, he's also the one who's hosting my web blog. Thanks Lance

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Alex- I hope you take lots of pics to post. What location in TX will you start? I'll be heading back to Hays to help my family harvest hopefully around the 20th of June.

Lance- THANKS for the '04 Tour w/Johnson. It looks like they headed south today.

Craig

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
They have a couple stops around the Fort Worth, TX area so that is where Alex will be going on Monday.

I too saw the pictures on Johnson's site. Being that I've been there, it makes the pictures that much more interesting.

-Lance

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:Alex- I hope you take lots of pics to post. What location in TX will you start? I'll be heading back to Hays to help my family harvest hopefully around the 20th of June.

Lance- THANKS for the '04 Tour w/Johnson. It looks like they headed south today.

Craig

I originally was headed to Fort Worth TX but since the wheat is already ready in the middle of OK I may start anywhere between the two. You are headed to Hays, that's cool since I live in Russell I know where you're talking about. Good Luck

Alex

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi Alex

Have a great time on your Harvest run! I can't wait to see your pictures that you take. Have Fun. Hopefully I will be able to go a Harvest run in a few years. Take Care Jason B

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found out yesterday that I will be going to Olney Texas. I leave Monday morning at 7:00am to go to Ellinwood then fill out some paperwork then it's off to Olney, which should be about a 10-11 hour drive. So I will start in Olney and that'll be the start of my blog. I graduated and had a great party Saturday night so I'm officially ready to go. See you guys later, I'm off to pack now. Good Luck guys, and Lance can keep you up to date.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
A hour drive to Ellinwood and then 11 more to Olney - sounds like your first day will be a short one.

-Lance

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Justin:

I talked to a couple guys on the Johnson Harvesting crew (who I worked for last year) last night. They have been down for 6 days now due to the rain.

I hope it quits raining soon in the TX/OK areas. I remember a few times last year when we would be shut down for days due to rain. The first couple days is kind of nice, but after that.....

-Lance

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I talked with Alex last night about this. In the next few days he will be sending a box of stuff to his parents. Some cameras will be in the box when he sends it. They will be getting the pictures to me somehow - either digital or snail-mail the pictures.

-Lance

·
Registered
4 Posts
Alex is now in Russell KS. I got to come home for a few days since it rained and i'm only an hour away so Tom told me to come home and enjoy my family for a few days. So here I am

·
Registered
173 Posts
is anyone still hiring for harvest run i have a harvest job in sept and i was wondering does anybody still need some extra hands if so you can email me at [email protected] also i have 14 yrs farm experience on my dads farm in northeastern kansas i dont have a cdl if anyone is intrested pls email me thanks and have a safe harvest

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Quote:Looks like they are having fun in the mud, oh those are days I dont miss

When I talked with him last night, I forgot to ask if they could have found a shorter chain to pull that loaded cart out with. That is just too close for my comfort.

-Lance

·
Registered
405 Posts
Here in Australia over 90% of harvest contractors would run their drive tyres reversed. We do it for a couple of reasons, one is the amount of road work that most combines do so there is less wear and the second is as a rule what we drive into, we can back out of. As well in our soils when the tyres are on roll they tend to float on top rather then bite in when they on drive. John.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts