The Combine Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well I fitted my lock up kit and it’s fairly warm out today, and coolant temp is sitting perfectly just below 12:00. Thanks for the advice everyone. Have a New aftermarket viscous hub/coupler ordered won’t be here for a while so the lock up kit will stay on until it arrives.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Awesome Bud, best of luck with the rest of your season. Keep an eye on those straps as they can break when you shut the engine off. Best to inspect before every start up.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yep thanks for the advice I checked them after shutdown last night as I thought that might be the case but they looked good.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
For you guys looking for fan clutches look up kit masters. We ordered a replacement for our 8960 Deere. Mother Deere wanted 1400 ordered one for 460 shipped to me

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
For you guys looking for fan clutches look up kit masters. We ordered a replacement for our 8960 Deere. Mother Deere wanted 1400 ordered one for 460 shipped to me
I’m assuming this company “kitmasters” is USA based, we have an aftermarket parts seller here in AUS called neils parts. JD hub in Oz is $3k neils parts is $477 same part number.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I’m assuming this company “kitmasters” is USA based, we have an aftermarket parts seller here in AUS called neils parts. JD hub in Oz is $3k neils parts is $477 same part number.
Is it a serviceable hub? Can you just Chuck more silicon grease in like a Toyota fan hub?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Is it a serviceable hub? Can you just Chuck more silicon grease in like a Toyota fan hub?
Nah, there is no oil leaking out of it and it has plenty of resistance cold but once it’s running it just won’t lock up.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
It's PTO speed and Service hours for Oil. They have to be pushed at exactly the same time to get it to read

·
Registered
644 Posts
Can you just Chuck more silicon grease in
I was going to mention that. That fan hub is suppose to take synthetic silicon grease. Not sure what regular epa 2 grease does. Those hubs should be replaced every 2500 hrs . Deere did have an updated part number for that hub. Scary how mother deere milks us for parts ! Yikes

21 - 35 of 35 Posts