The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gday All Looking at a 3900h 2007 9520 just wondering what I should be looking for and are there any known issues with them it has the 18sp PS and Is AutoTrac Ready. Has 800 duals and full weight package. Panels are all tidy but faded and is fairly dirty but mechanically looks ok. Will be primarily a seeding tractor may get some use on a Grain Cart at harvest

·
Registered
392 Posts
Gday All Looking at a 3900h 2007 9520 just wondering what I should be looking for and are there any known issues with them it has the 18sp PS and Is AutoTrac Ready. Has 800 duals and full weight package. Panels are all tidy but faded and is fairly dirty but mechanically looks ok. Will be primarily a seeding tractor may get some use on a Grain Cart at harvest
I have a 30 series and it is wise to drain the diffs and tranny oil. My front diff had a handful of filings and chucks of steel. Check hydraulic stacks scv connection to make sure they all work. steering bushing wear out and , check water pump and fan clutch. The arm rest control circuit board causes problem with power shift operation. double hydraulic pump is get for disc drills and grain carts.

·
Registered
505 Posts
We have a 2007 9520 with around 5200 hours on it. Had to do axle bearings last winter, one was falling apart, luckily it didn't take out any planetaries or ring gears.

Injector cups have been done, water pump has been replaced and the crankshaft dampener has been replaced. Oil cooler has had a seal kit put in it because there was some oil in the coolant.

There can be wear on the pins in the steering, ours are greaseable and we are very generous with grease, everything is still nice and tight. When things get worn you notice it first with poor autotrac performance.

The axle bearings were an expensive fix. Everything else has been pretty reasonable. We also have a 9530 and I hate that tractor compared to the 20. The 20 lugs better at low RPM, sounds better and breaks less. The 30 we've had to do the vari-cool fan, the variable geometry turbo actuator, a rear crank seal, had an armrest controller puke, had to do the injectors and injector cups, had the air to air aftercooler crack and a bunch of other small annoying things like the EGR cooler leaking. You'll enjoy your 20 series tractor.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well more info on the tractor it’s had the front axle bearings just done prior to last seeding, water pump just replaced preventatively and I think new pivot pins. Does have a slight stutter on one cylinder on first start up but still runs smooth I’m assuming this could mean I’m up for injectors soon? If so the price is pretty good so that won’t be a deal breaker.

·
Registered
505 Posts
The injectors in the 12.5L that's in the 20 series have a far better reputation than the 13.5L that's in the 30 series and up. I know our 13.5L ran like absolute garbage, vibrating and smoking and stuttering before we got the injectors done. A slight stutter only on startup I probably wouldn't worry too much about.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The injectors in the 12.5L that's in the 20 series have a far better reputation than the 13.5L that's in the 30 series and up. I know our 13.5L ran like absolute garbage, vibrating and smoking and stuttering before we got the injectors done. A slight stutter only on startup I probably wouldn't worry too much about.
that’s good to hear. I have taken the plunge I will run it and keep an ear out for any changes it runs nicely once it’s pulling I went for a ride with the soon to be previous owner and it ran well on a 40ft disc hardly working to be fair but still a better indication than just driving it around no load.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts