The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First field of the year

25 foot double swaths were too wide for the 14' pickup header so we added Gathering wheels

And "Viola" It worked

3 to 3.5 mph in 48 bpa Rye. actually the gps was set at 24' when swathing so it was only 48'

rented a cx 840 for a few days because all the Barly was ripe at once. For having 40+hp less it didnt stay too far behind. Cracked the grain too much though.

Feel free to ask any questions or leave any comment.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
What type pf GPS did you have? So you skipped every 2nd pass then right? How do you like the twin rotors? I bought a TR98 for this coming season, cant wait to try it out should be miles ahead of the TR75 we had.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey welcome to our part of the universe agcofan, We're about 15 minutes sw of Hartney, or 3 miles west of lauder.

hey 9520deere, thats why we had a gps in the swather. did half the field and then came back doing the other half.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Used a "mid tec" piece of garbage. Dont buy one. But then again the new ones might be better. or maybe its the waas signal. anyway our older satloc, the outback we bought used, and the trimble we have dont have to be nudged every hour to correct it.

As for the CR, I was impressed with the capacity of the machine, the simplicity comparing to most other machines (that definatly excludes Gleaner) and the ease of maintainance. Fuel efficiancy is great compared to the TR98 we put away ( 9 gph vrs 12gph for the TR) But the biggest complaint I have with the twin rotor is it hates combining when the sun goes down. we used to run a R62 gleaner and a TR98, and the Gleaner would keep going when the TR wanted to quit. I will admit I'm still a Gleaner fan but dont have a dealer whereas we have to best New Holland dealer in North America 15 minutes away.

Theres a plug for Atkinson Impliments in Hartney.

·
Registered
143 Posts
When none of the dealers in ND have your part you just hop in the truck and drive to Hartney cuz you know they stock it. You are on the money with your comment, at least as far as parts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts