The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,was thinking about the future and what JD might bring to the market.Hopefully a bigger cab,softer seat and I heard they are working on touch screen technology
. Mainly a huge upgrade in the cab, service areas and maybe fewer belts would be nice.Have you guys in the states heard or seen anything that might give a clue to what their planning?

·
Premium Member
2,229 Posts
I live in zweibrücken/germany where the Deere factory plant is located and there are the Deere walker and cts combines produced for the european and african marked.I know that they will release 2007 a new walker combine with three cylinders,two of them will be threshing drums.
Regards

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
I have heard that Deere will have a new machine in 2009, now with that in mind, I have heard it is the Bi-Rotor but dont take my word for it....

·
Premium Member
2,229 Posts
@Jojobean:No i am not talking about the WTS combine(the WTS has been released in Europe 2001)-the new one will be called DTS or TDS.

·
Premium Member
2,229 Posts
As far as i know,they will release it 2007 or 2008.The custom farm service i work for will run a prototype unit this summer,i hope to get some pics of this combine,the threshing system layout will be similar to the NH CX walker combines.And they will release the 9880 STS with a factory installed sidehill levelling system(15%) like its already available on the CTS and WTS combines built in my hometown Zweibrücken.

·
Registered
20 Posts
jaydee, thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to hear about the performance of the CX-TS machine. WTS combines have proven to be reliable and they can give a very clean sample but under some conditions capacity should be 15 % more.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The majority of 'Custom Cutters' in Australia would like to see some reliability build back into all brands of combines... A recent article (June 15 2006) in an agricultural newspaper has quoted figures of one contractor losing $A180,000 ($US133,155) in downtime, with another bloke losing $A255,000.. Several people are now considering legal action against the manufacturers to gain recognition and compensation for their losses.. The article also quotes '' The general manager of one macinhery company has told three owner-operators that if they commence legal action against the company he represented, he would drag it out for two or three years with the sole aim of sending them broke''

·
Registered
289 Posts
Wow, some strong words here.
I can surely refer to reliability issues on late model combines.
Just for example: A service manager was heard recently saying: "The STS is going to break the farmer. It costs twice as much on upkeep, than the walker machines do."

But none of the combine manufacturers seems to be interested in making any changes. JD rules the market and has no reason. Claas has tried here in the U.S. and fell on their face with different issues. CASE has lost most of their market share, because of closing of dealerships. NH seems to have a good combine but definitely lack marketing. AGCO has maxed out the Gleaner and is slowly enlarging and improving the Challenger and is rather short on dealerships, too.

On the other hand, there are still a lot of farmers with money. The prove lies in the bells and whistles they put on their combines. Toys like autotrack and heat/power mirrors do not improve the revenue or save any money elsewhere. I would even dare to call a moisture meter a toy, if it doesn't save you taking a sample to the elevator.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Quote:
Quote:Claas has tried here in the U.S. and fell on their face with different issues.
They have?

Quote:autotrack....moisture meter
If properly implemented, precision agriculture equipment will pay for itself.

The Cats are no longer being marketed in most if not all of Australia as the dealers decided ag was too hard compared to selling construction gear. At the moment AGCO is searching for dealers to take on the Challenger line.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am wondering when the Lexion fell on it's face. From what I've seen Deere gives ten's of thousands of dollars of discounts when a green owner even looks at a Lexion combine. Lexion it dipping into Deere's market share pretty hard around here. Sounds to me like Deere is nerves about the Lexion.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Quote:Here in Alberta Cat expected to sell 50 lexions before the harvest but only sold 14 compared to hundreds that deere, case and new holland EACH sold. i wouldn't exactly call that a blooming success.

Uhh, hundreds? Wow, you Cannucks complain about not making money farming............... Guess I know why complaints about poor subsidies have been in the news the last couple years up there........Gotta get the gubernment to keep new combines on the yard.

Jazzcat......... How many new combines (all brands) were sold here in MN last year?

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Quote:More and more 2388's out there now days from the looks of it

And i guess i am speaking from what i see in the southern ill region..

On the harvest run I seen a LOT of Deere machines. Of course, Hollands, Johnsons, Weber, etc. the traditional case guys still had their but many of the smaller crews are mainly green. I bet I seen probably a 3-1 if not higher ratio of green to red machines. That was just what I saw, not sure what everyone else saw though....

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
I think the Cat combine's kinda fell threw a lil bit since alot of cat's dealrships and a big dealer near us don't service them

Im not exactly sure how case has sunk recently lol

More and more 2388's out there now days from the looks of it

But thats just me...

And i guess i am speaking from what i see in the southern ill region..

·
Registered
47 Posts
Gentlemen, if you think for one minute that trusty old Deere is not worried about Lexion 500 series or the Case 8010???? once again you kidding yourselves just like the two cylinder engine.

b575 I think it is about 50 Lexions in MN and IA......not a recorded setting pace by no means. But I would like to see the dollars spent by Deere to keep their customer out of a Lexion or 8010. I feel sorry for anyone who bought a Deere without demoing a Lexion or a 8010. They spent about $20,000.00 more than the next farmer that demoed a Lexion.........and that is not B/S!!!!!!!! Believe it boys a Lexion WILL do 20% more an hour than a Deere of the same class size......with less losses and less fuel consumption and a better sample.....Proven in the field side by side....NO B/S.........TRUST ME

If you think I am wrong demo one yourselves side by side and see.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
8010 has a 350 Bu Grain Tank

Man i sure wouldn't want anything less than that like 300 or what not..

Just so you see the facts and not what the other dealers are telling you

"Its always good to think for yourself sometimes"

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Quote:

.......Believe it boys a Lexion WILL do 20% more an hour than a Deere of the same class size......with less losses and less fuel consumption and a better sample.....Proven in the field side by side....NO B/S.........TRUST ME

If you think I am wrong demo one yourselves side by side and see.

I personally believe the Lexion has just what you say it does. I've seen them outrun an equal or near-equal sized Deere [walker] machine in corn and in wheat. I believe this is due to the configuration of the Lexion's APS. I have much to say about the APS. However, from what I've read in some posts above, Deere is also coming out with their own version of an "APS" or triple-drum threshing system. That does not bother me. It's about time the industry is moving past the old, single cylinder unit as demand for capacity and efficiency increases.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts