The Combine Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Kind of a strange deal going on with this tractor. Couple days ago I got wired the compressor and it built up to around 225 psi but no cold air. Today tech was out just as the AC shut down and when he activated the compressor it wouldn’t build pressure. Gave it a sniff of Freon and away it went for about 15 minutes. So today we installed new control module, relay which shuts down system if it freezes up, low pressure sensor for good measure and increased the fan speed. And I’m still riding around in my beach attire.
I wasn’t around when the tech worked on it the first time but I will definitely ask if they blew out any of the system.
They put in an Assist with Case to hopefully get some answers. Supposedly mine isn’t the only one of this vintage they are having issues with.
Can you let us know what solution case assist has to fix this

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)
We bypassed the high pressure switch at the connector by the counsel
Been good for two years
Tried bypassing it at the sensor. Worked for a few hours one hot day. Thought I had solved it. Put a new HP sensor and next time same thing AC worked for an hour and cut out. Tried bypassing it again at the sensor with no luck. Where exactly would this counsel connector be that you speak of?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Can you let us know what solution case assist has to fix this
Definitely will. Might be awhile though because of harvest season and being an older unit tech warned me. Hope they don’t take too long because neighbours are going to start talking about the guy in the shades and sandals out harrowing😎.

·
Registered
3 Posts
For the first hour or 2 it works great. Can freeze you out. Then all of a sudden it quits cooling and wont come back on for the rest of the day. The compressor quit pumping. It will pump if you hook power to the comp. clutch and will build up to about 250-275 psi but wont blow very cold at that. I've tried recharging the system from empty with the 4.2 lbs that was recommended to me by Case mechanic. I've changed the heater valve which was leaking a bit anyhow and the lines running to the cab seem cool. Tried jumpering the high pressure switch to see if that would make any difference. The aircon did work for a few hours of discing one day like that. So I replaced the high pressure switch thinking that was it. Rads are immaculately clean. Out trying to harrow today, same thing after a couple hours Aircon quits again. Did have a Case mechanic out at the end of seeding and said he's seen a couple Steigers like this that he couldn't get working properly. Just wondering if anyone else has had this experience and what solution if any worked.
Sounds like an bad expansion valve.

·
Registered
3 Posts
For the first hour or 2 it works great. Can freeze you out. Then all of a sudden it quits cooling and wont come back on for the rest of the day. The compressor quit pumping. It will pump if you hook power to the comp. clutch and will build up to about 250-275 psi but wont blow very cold at that. I've tried recharging the system from empty with the 4.2 lbs that was recommended to me by Case mechanic. I've changed the heater valve which was leaking a bit anyhow and the lines running to the cab seem cool. Tried jumpering the high pressure switch to see if that would make any difference. The aircon did work for a few hours of discing one day like that. So I replaced the high pressure switch thinking that was it. Rads are immaculately clean. Out trying to harrow today, same thing after a couple hours Aircon quits again. Did have a Case mechanic out at the end of seeding and said he's seen a couple Steigers like this that he couldn't get working properly.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this experience and what solution if any worked.
Sounds like bad expansion vavle

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Thats the one thing they haven't changed yet. I haven't timed it but seems like it runs for about the same length of time before shutting down.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
So far yes. But the compressor can still build up good pressure and the way the pressures are behaving when the system is working, the tech didn’t feel it was the expansion valve.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts