The Combine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
367 Posts
Certainly high moisture corn is a crop that separates the men from the boys, and it is something that the 8010 has struggled with since day 1, so it is no surprise to me that loss is going to be excessive. If I were still working for CNH, I certainly would not have put a 16 row head on that combine in high moisture corn to show at a farm show! 12 is great plenty and you would want to keep your ground speed within reason. To me, if they don't know their own combine any better than to put it in a situation in which it is going to show poorly, then they deserve it, quite frankly. The Lexion is going to be the best suited to show well in that situation. And while not everyone is going to harvest corn at that moisture, a good combine needs to be able to adapt to it and keep the grain in the tank.

· Registered
367 Posts
Yes, maybe 40% is a bit excessive, but I for one enjoy throwing a challenge like high moisture corn at these combines. 18% corn is easy, but let's face it, a lot of regions in the corn belt may not have a long enough growing season to always be able to pick 18% corn, and higher moisture really can bring out some strengths and weaknesses. It's been a few years, but I can remember a few years in the 90s when we had to pick some corn that just wouldn't dry down much below 30.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.