The Combine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Are you pretty cold down their at the moment aussiefarmer? Its cool and dry up here at the moment and no one has really turned a wheel. Hoping to get a few showers soon to kick things off. Got good subsoil but the top is dry, as per usual! lol

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Well i can't answer for aussiefarmers area but where I am 35-40 years ago most of the cropping country was pasture for cattle and sheep. When they first started to plow it the old timers left a few trees here and there for stock shade cover (it gets d**n hot here) incase it was ever to be pastured again. Most of it wasn't but then about 10 years ago the government stepped in with draconian land clearing laws and the trees are now pretty much protected species!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
9420......yes the GS2 is excellent but we only use SF1 so its a bit wiggly at times finished seeding last thursday well the first time anyway its been very dry the past few weeks and emergance has been patchy in places badly needing a good rain to get things back on track

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh and the trees are mostly growing in small clumps or in fencelines most scattered ones out in the paddocks/fields were cleared years ago before the stupid laws of today came into affect.... not sure why they were left there guessing it was for shelter for sheep or they were just to big for the early settlers to clear? havent ever gone into it but would be my best guess...

aussiefarmer

·
Registered
27 Posts
aussiefarmer, I just wanted to say that your country is beautiful! I'm in Adelaide on my study abroad program and I love the countryside here. We toured Roseworthy Uni a couple days ago and had a good time. It was probably my favorite day in Australia thus far.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
for those interested i have added some more pictures of our crops to this album....things are looking ok but we need a good rain in the next few weeks

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
its the beach! top of gulf st vincent, no havent had any problems with wankers on 4 wd's ....hows thw season looking up there?? the rain has shut off here ! we badly need a good half inch again soon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts