The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered new 9870's and 635D headers. Just wondering if the 22.5' auger is long enough when unloading into trucks. Our 9860's and 936D had lot's of room. Should we have ordered the 26' auger?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well, if I have my ducks in a row it's like this: 936D is offset 1' to the right leaving 17' on the left, and 19' on the right.
635D, being centered will give you 17 1/2 on the left, same on the right.
Thus, you will lose 6" on your new rig.
My understanding is that Deere came with the 26' auger to 'fit' with their new 40' head.
Personally, I would get the longer auger in a heartbeat, you can never have too much room. Perhaps you will go to wider headers in the future, and JD, Honeybee, and MacDon are all centered now I believe.
Guess you always have the option of putting the Stewart Steel extender on, but surely factory is better? I can't imagine that the longer auger wouldn't give you a little better resale; perhaps the 'next guy' will want the longer auger for a wider head.
Seems like bigger is better in most things. Just my .02.
Just noticed--you mentioned unloading in trucks, guess room wouldn't be quite as crucial as into a moving cart. Your call.

·
Registered
894 Posts
If you had "lots of room" with a 22.5 ft unloading auger and 36 ft head, you'll probably have plenty of room with a 35 ft head too.

·
Registered
682 Posts
have a 09 with 635D and have lots of room to dump into cart I think we could even do it with 40 ft head if a guy was on auto steer.

Just buy the extended warranty up front for combine and header we have had lots of trouble with both, I think about taking red paint back some days.

·
Registered
32 Posts
According to my calculation you should have just over 73 inches from the end of the header to the end of the unloading auger, but I agree with JD8850 I'd just get the longer auger in the first place.

Does anyone know what this option is worth??

·
Registered
78 Posts
we use the standard auger on 36' corn heads, and they aren't off set any, so I'm thinkin you should be fine, it's kinda close but we have no problems hittin the middle of the truck

·
Registered
194 Posts
NO problem with the trucks but our grain cart is 14 feet wide with tires and that is more critical. ORdered the longer auger for next year. Had no problems this year but the combine drivers were a little nervous with the cart operator at times. Not much room for driving crooked when you are trying to fill the cart right full on the last dump.
Had lots of room with the 15 foot pickup headers though

1 - 9 of 9 Posts