The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
some more options, such as: Self Leveling Shoe, HarvestSmart, Upgrade FH reverser, pre-Interim Tier4 engines, etc etc. eom/jdhw1

·
Registered
6 Posts
self leveling shoe is awesome. it really works good. so does the harvestsmart mainly in corn though. beacons work good but have to come up with harness extensions if you put on hopper extensions. we use to run lexions but so don't know about feeder house but this one works great. 350 hrs. 23.5 mph road gear.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looked on john deere site and it says prodrive base equipment.... will prodrive be standard does anyone know?

·
Super Moderator
2,524 Posts
My view as well but you can't have one without the other.
I see that the NH CR 9090 has a system using rotor belt load PLUS feeder house drive belt load.
We'll see.

Don

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jason do you think harvest smart is built mainly for corn or what are your feelings on that, I havent got a chance to run it? What crops have you ran it in and what needs to change do you think??

·
Premium Member
4,295 Posts
Jason do you think harvest smart is built mainly for corn or what are your feelings on that, I havent got a chance to run it? What crops have you ran it in and what needs to change do you think??

It needs AI to be able to see the beaver huts that are 300ft ahead of the combine lol. All kidding aside we used it in wheat, canola, barley, oats, & peas. First off it doesn't work at night when the tough conditions set in. Actually in tough crops in general where plugging is a problem it doesn't work well. We quickly turned harvestsmart off when in oats & barley because it would run full speed into a tough spot and then once the combine was on its knees it would then slow down. Once the swath thinned up it would take at least 200-300ft for it to speed back up. In peas, wheat, & canola it did work but we found you could achieve better capacity by driving manually. The key to the system I found is that you need a crop that you can work pull the rotor down without plugging(feed ac or beater) or throwing it all out the back. If you are extremely picky and put it into "smart" mode it probably keep your losses very low but severely limit capacity because it would slow down for any fluctuation in the loss monitor. Canola is really where the system has its most usefulness. Our conditions consists of huge amounts of straw & relatively low yield numbers in comparison to the US or Europe. In these conditions I don't feel it is a benifit. Prodrive on the other hand is great, just too high a price tag. We have one hill our old 9860 could not climb and the 9870 ProDrive accelerated up the same hill. The Diff lock is a neat option, probably something worthwhile for you corn guys. If you have have lots of hills/mud Prodrive is a must have.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts