The Combine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was presented a 2011 Case 9120 with 1300 eng/950 sep hours fully loaded to consider. Has AFX rotor with hard thrash kit and I believe large wire modules. At those hours, what do we need to be on the look out for? Estimated $ figure to be harvest ready based on those hours ? I'm not sure of it's maintainence history, but for now would assume nothing has been done to it other than lube/filters until I know more. TIA

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'd start by looking at-rub bars, impeller, chopper bearings, feeder chain, belts, hoses, shaker pan dents/holes, concaves, sieves, feeder house floor, holes in back from rocks/chopper blades, tires, chopper blades, pickup belts/teeth..........

If nothing has been done to it other than oil and filters there's probably more.

The dollars required to make it field ready will be directly proportional to what it needs I'd have to say.

·
Registered
368 Posts
For specifics, feeder chain and sprockets, along with chopper bearings are the two most important to check, as well as rock damage. Drop a concave or two and check, it's real easy on these machines. Also make sure the concave adjuster works, it's not a big item but not uncommon for them to go.

I worked for my uncle during the 5 years he owned one, and I think we totaled about 6 hours of downtime with it, and 4 years straight with not a single hour of downtime. Lost 2 hours from a chopper bearing, and 4 hours when an idler pulley backed out of the engine block and tore the belt. Replaced the feeder chain every other year, as well as the concave adjuster motor.

The hyd4aulic system never gave any trouble but you could check for any obvious leaks around the hydraulic motors

Bubble up drive and elevator drive chains are a bit higher wear items, but cheap and easy to replace in the off-season, I would more check these to get a bit better representative idea of how the machine was cared for then the items themself.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd start by looking at-rub bars, impeller, chopper bearings, feeder chain, belts, hoses, shaker pan dents/holes, concaves, sieves, feeder house floor, holes in back from rocks/chopper blades, tires, chopper blades, pickup belts/teeth..........

If nothing has been done to it other than oil and filters there's probably more.

The dollars required to make it field ready will be directly proportional to what it needs I'd have to say.

Pickup belts/teeth? Pickup head you mean? Wont be buying a pick up head I don't think as we do everything straight.

·
Registered
865 Posts
You got someone who knows what to look for on these machines and can have a look at it for you? Any $ spent now could save $$$ down the track...

·
Registered
263 Posts
We've seen a few of those steel hydraulic lines on the left side of the engine wear through where they were rubbing against something. Can't tell you where exactly or which lines, I never fixed them myself, maybe someone else experienced the same.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Depending on types of crops used on, total bushels ran through, and especially the number of bushels/hr ran through it, you could be spending up to $35k parts and labor through a shop if nothing has been done to it. Doesn't matter which color of machine because big machines when used to full capacity can and will be expensive to maintain. It's not so much the total bushels as it is the type of crop and bushels/hour.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The combine in question got sold, but thank you all for the recommendations....will store all these useful info and keep looking for hopefully another one close to it. Actually, I have a 2013 9230 with 1550 eng hrs and 1160 sep hrs to consider too but the price tag is too rich.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I suggest putting our liners in it for the vertical unload and the bubble up linerthis will save you thousands of dollars in having to replace the grain tank and the bubble up tube
We have sold hundreds of these to Case IH dealers contact us or your dealer they should know about them
You can see our flyer at my thread. MI CASE

1 - 12 of 12 Posts