The Combine Forum banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Back to original topic. Bought the truck today. On the way home Warning light about poor quality DEF fluid came on. Bin reading other forums on this and I am concerned. Sounds like it might be a big issue with the 11 and 12s. Anyone have any info on this. Maybe there was a reason it was such a good deal. Bought it from a GM dealer.
And the fun begins...

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
"there dead" really, I hope the resale is as bad as you think cause they sure make good ditch bangers and field checkers, wouldn't it be cute to have a tow hitch on the front and a dent in the door??

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Back to original topic. Bought the truck today. On the way home Warning light about poor quality DEF fluid came on. Bin reading other forums on this and I am concerned. Sounds like it might be a big issue with the 11 and 12s. Anyone have any info on this. Maybe there was a reason it was such a good deal. Bought it from a GM dealer.
Yes 11s had most of the problems.
It could be poor DEF or more likely sensors. It should be covered under Emissions warranty.
Were you able to get any previous service history on the truck.
If it gives to much trouble Delete it and you will have a truck that will serve you well for many years.

·
Registered
719 Posts
One word, Delete. :D

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
So far as I know the 2011 dmaxes tried to inject urea before it was thawed . That has since been changed. My 2014 never gives any problems with urea. As for trouble locating diesel where are you going? I have been to Mexico and back and fuel has never been an issue. I do have a 40 gallon slip tank plumbed into the main though. I would do that for any truck gas or diesel

61 - 73 of 73 Posts