The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading on the Farm Industry News website that John Deere has confirmed that their 2011 combines will continue to use Tier 3 engines. I thought the new Interim Tier IV regulations took effect on 1 Jan 2011?

I've also heard that JD combines are on allocation for 2011. Is this due to Tier 3 engine?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Dealer told me Tier 3 engines in John Deere combines and 4-wheel drive tractors for the 2011. I think he mentioned restricted supply for the 2011 4-wheel drive tractors in the USA but not Canada. I was wondering if they were waiting to introduce new combine and tractor models in 2012.

Case salesman also told me Tier 3 engines in thier combines for 2011, but not their tractors.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Manufacturers are allowed to use "emission credits" to postpone emission compliance. Basically, Deere introduced Tier 3 engines in some tractor models a few months ahead of the deadline, which allows the company to meet new iT4 standards after the deadline. Once they run out of credits, their need Tier 4 or they pay big fines on every engine sold. Also read that engines manufactured before Jan 1 2011 can be Tier 3, so what mfg will do (or are already doing) is build as many engines as possible during 2010 and install them in their 2011 production (engine exists when they have installed the S/N plate.

·
Registered
91 Posts
i was told by my dealer that the new combines want be out tell 2011 fall or beginning 2012 thats why you reading tier 3 engines because 2011 will be whats out now!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts