The Combine Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, looking at getting a MT575D with the techstarCVT for a loader tractor. Haven't ever ran a challenger at all. Looking for the good and bad on these models. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
8,216 Posts
I have a 555E with the CVT, which is the Fendt CVT same as the model you describe. That transmission is easily the best one out there and far exceeds the offerings from other companies. The only thing I don't like is the tractor must be stopped to shift between the low and high ranges, high range basically just allows tractor to go full road speed. Not a big deal but CNH allowed you to shift on fly. Controls are slowly coming to me as I am used to CNH loader tractors. It is a nice quiet tractor, good on fuel and reliability had been very good on 500 series from research I have done. My main complaint so far is that I would like to see a cup/cell phone holder on the right side of the cab.

One thing you might or might not like is depending on trim level of cab two of the electro-hydraulic valves run through the joystick, and you need to toggle a switch to go from loader to rear valves and back. Mine still has two valves on the console so you aren't without rear hydraulics while using loader, this is the way I am using it on the snowblower now. When doing things like picking stones and on the big conveyor we use the joystick to run those functions like hydraulic hitch and grill height on picker and steering on conveyor, love that! Usually loader not used much during those jobs but when it is just flick the switch.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sw man did you try and hold the button to switch gears on the fly. Our Fendt will switch on the fly if you push and hold the button for a few seconds. If you just push it it won't do it maybe it's a Fendt thing

·
Premium Member
8,216 Posts
Sw man did you try and hold the button to switch gears on the fly. Our Fendt will switch on the fly if you push and hold the button for a few seconds. If you just push it it won't do it maybe it's a Fendt thing
Could be, I will try that soon. Thank you! I am still very much learning the tractor. I am typically one of those guys that just gets stuff going and leaves it, but this tractor does several varied tasks so I need to get it figured out.

My console looks like this.

Attachments

·
Registered
294 Posts
I know on my AGCO RT120A which is the same CVT tranny just older, you can hit the road in low range and while gently accelerating hit the high range button and it will shift. You still have to stop to shift down to low though. Speaking from the point of working on these tractor for a living when not farming they are good machines, engines have been reliable for years, no major issues. The CVT tranny for loader work and haying is the best, I can't go back to a power shift, I had to run a loaner for 3 month a couple years ago and was glad to get mine back. Haven't had any CVT failures at our shop, electronics have been good too. Emissions issues have been the only thing we have dealt with on a couple machines and they are hopefully getting that all solved now. Having worked on and operated these machines and then bounced around in the cab of customers new case tractors especially, there is no comparison in my opinion you won't be sorry.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I'm waiting to get it home. Hopefully sometime tomorrow. I noticed it has the 2 big joysticks. One for loader and the other isnt the typical t-bar. Would it be considered a premium then? It doesn't have the electric scv's on the right fender.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone have an idea why the park light would stay on in the tractor even once the park switch is unlocked on the left hand reverser? It makes it so I can't switch the 4wd on or off too. I can hear the park brake click off when I unlock it, just the light stays on.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Anyone have an idea why the park light would stay on in the tractor even once the park switch is unlocked on the left hand reverser? It makes it so I can't switch the 4wd on or off too. I can hear the park brake click off when I unlock it, just the light stays on.

Make sure the top of the rear end and transmission is clean, might just be some dirt holding up the switch, Also make sure you grease the cross shaft the the brake pivots on (one zerk on each side) and cannot be too stiff of a grease in the winter.

On another note, I have been told we should NEVER shift from low to high or high to low on the go. Can someone definitively answer if this is correct, or if it is ok to do so.

·
Premium Member
8,216 Posts
I tried that and it doesn't shift. Possible there is a setting. Need to spend more time in the manual or with the salesman to figure more stuff out.....probably the manual.:biggrin:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Depending on the software version you have you should be able to shift up on the go as long as you aren't under too much load, but shifting down has to be done stopped, that's how my RT120A is. They changed several things in the software over the years so it's hard to say what yours will do.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just read the manual on a dt225B that i just bought, It says to stop to shift ranges.

Maybe they changed them later on, but better safe than sorry in my opinion.

·
Registered
650 Posts
It only takes a second to STOP and change ranges that is the way you are supposed to do it. You are asking for problems doing it on the go. It goes 17 MPH in low how many times a day do you go low to high. I will stop and shift rather that have a transmission with clutch packs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts