The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have pics spread across too many threads so will consolidate....

It's wet, none of theses have been sprayed since planting.....

Bird damage is horrendous...

No idea of what yield might be...

Ant....

Faba bean trial or as I say RAG trial.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Forrest at Portland, I'd say about 450-70mm in crop rain, when I got home I thought it would look alot worse than it is...it's sick but days are stretching and when the sun does shine it's warm. I will get more pics on Tuesday.

Have found the odd snail so baiting will happen next year before the spring barley and Lucerne....or depending on faba's I may go with them...they are kicking on good and were late sown.

Ant...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is there a drama applying copper after gs31? It is a chelates blend of cu zn and Mn

The birds are worse than a terra dactyl, they are called cockies....and they are protected species, and there would be a billion of them in Australia...but our greenies know best?

Ant

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I'm going to have to correct you Ant, there would be more than billions and they are only protected by a thin layer of feathers.

Best thing is to go to dept of enviroment and you can get a damage mitigation permit to shoot them. We have a permit to shoot 1000 every three months because they eat of our dairy feed pad and spread botulinum and salmonella.
Making our cows ill and sometimes dying.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Forrest wheat planted 26th of April, had about 450-470mm in crop rain...suffering from wet pretty bad, throwing out the flag leaf at the moment due to moisture stress, not ideal, have to spray weeds hopefully on the 20th August, then UAN and magnum after that whenever I can get on, going to be tricky, would really like to spray weeds and UAN at once...

Ant...

Attachments

·
Registered
584 Posts
throwing out the flag leaf at the moment due to moisture stress, not ideal, have to spray weeds hopefully on the 20th August, then UAN and magnum after that whenever I can get on,..

Ant...
Isn't it a bit late for spraying weeds mate? Or couldn't you get in early enough?

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes it way late for spraying but will still try and stunt them if I can. I can spray the triathlon weed spray with UAN so will do that as soon as I can.

Crop has that golden colour u don't want to see this time of year...

Ant

Attachments

1 - 20 of 247 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.