The Combine Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What some thoughts on the new design for the CR9090 this year? Hearing of a beater drum system, don't see much info on it. I hear the MSRP is up to 748,000 this year......

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Sounds like the newer front end design really helps with efficiency, at least that's what NH engineers are saying. The price....well......I think its perhaps a tad on the high side........I would still enjoy trying one out!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This Thursday Im hoping to make it to a clinic on the new stuff, hopefully learn a few things. I know in the past there's been a lot of marketing hype and not many worthwhile changes. Sample never improved year on year, and neither did its ability to go in tough conditions. In our experience its been a fair weather combine that when the sun goes down, either stop or continue very slowly with a keen eye on whats coming in. Really not enjoyable changing a shear bolt, Claas has that system right!

·
Super Moderator
5,041 Posts
I'm just a little confused how you can bash Deere for having a feed accelerator beater for years (and in sever conditions like Canada it can give some a plugging headache I'm told)....and now the think you bash you add to your new combine. So what does that say?
They are not same, Deere is about 80% feeding 20% stone protection, New Holland is about 10% feeding and 90% stone protection.
Roughly.;)

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
[ And if gear box driven, how frequently will it stall out in an effort to keep from plugging, yet stops so often it drives you crazy? If it stops as often as our Case rotor drive to prevent plugging this won't work very well.[/QUOTE]
hmmm why fose your case do that ours very raley stalls out the engine has to be just about 1200rpm im guessing before it stops the rotor

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ever since we've owned a 9090 its been steinbauer chipped, mainly for fuel consumption as 10GPH is nothing to ignore. But even with 654 hp, you still want more, and a wad will still stop you dead in your tracks. Early mornings are near impossible if you start before 10 am you better be barely moving otherwise you'll be augering out to change a concave shear bolt. Late evenings can be just as hard.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Ever since we've owned a 9090 its been steinbauer chipped, mainly for fuel consumption as 10GPH is nothing to ignore. But even with 654 hp, you still want more, and a wad will still stop you dead in your tracks. Early mornings are near impossible if you start before 10 am you better be barely moving otherwise you'll be augering out to change a concave shear bolt. Late evenings can be just as hard.
Maybe the twin pitch rotor will be the solution to those conditions.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We can only hope, although a deere has never impressed in the past, not sure how a near identical design can be an improvement.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.