The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,181 Posts
I already find harvest stressful, can't imagine dealing with that type of terrain! Enjoy the pictures though.:smile:

If there ever was an application for square bales that would be it!:wink:

·
Registered
358 Posts
What is the advantage of the diamond tread duals? I see both a red and a green one with them on. I know nothing about cutting in terrain like that, other than the fact that it would scare the **** out of me!

·
Registered
472 Posts
What is the advantage of the diamond tread duals? I see both a red and a green one with them on. I know nothing about cutting in terrain like that, other than the fact that it would scare the **** out of me!
There is a couple different things going on with the tires. It seems like the JD people feel that they need the diamond tread because they will carry more weight with the hillside unit. The other thing is the type of soil in the field. The diamond tread works better on the soft ground and the tractor tire is a better choice for the hard ground.

Thanks for posting the pictures Ray.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I never get tired looking @ pic's from that part of the country !! Seen some hills W&S of Spokane yrs ago when I used to haul potash down to Hermiston & Umatilla Oregon !!

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
Awesome pics!! I need to see that in person some day! What I would really like to see in person and learn more about is seeding that stuff, I dont know how on earth you guys raise such awesome crops on "mountains", incredible is the only words I can come up with

To bad them side hill combines dont have a way to lean the chopper or spreaders with the angle of the header, never thought about that till looking at the pics

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I enjoy looking at harvest pictures from your part of the country Ray. Always amazes me how those machines perform on those slopes. Not so sure I would want to pilot one on some of those hillsides, may have to have the factory plastic on the seat.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Awesome pics!! I need to see that in person some day! What I would really like to see in person and learn more about is seeding that stuff, I dont know how on earth you guys raise such awesome crops on "mountains", incredible is the only words I can come up with

To bad them side hill combines dont have a way to lean the chopper or spreaders with the angle of the header, never thought about that till looking at the pics
You ought to come see the country sometime. We have one visiting here now that asked about it a year ago on this forum and he is in the area for nearly two weeks enjoying the country. He said the pictures are nothing like real life. We have him scheduled to ride in all the brands of combines and seeing other farm operations as well as getting some fishing in down the road. He is doing this for his 70th birthday. He has a big grin on his face all the time. :)

As far as seeding just put the drill in and go and try to stay ahead of it usually works best. I hate when it tries to pass you.

·
Registered
117 Posts
It's always cool to see pics from that part of the country. My dad and I took a bike trip through the eastern part of Washington in 2010 and its amazing to see where a combine can go. The farmers down there are more than happy to take you for a round or two.:54:

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
You ought to come see the country sometime. We have one visiting here now that asked about it a year ago on this forum and he is in the area for nearly two weeks enjoying the country. He said the pictures are nothing like real life. We have him scheduled to ride in all the brands of combines and seeing other farm operations as well as getting some fishing in down the road. He is doing this for his 70th birthday. He has a big grin on his face all the time. :)

As far as seeding just put the drill in and go and try to stay ahead of it usually works best. I hate when it tries to pass you.
You have no idea how much I would enjoy that!

Only one prob, our seeding and harvest dates I believe line up almost exactly, if I could talk the old man into cutting back on wheat acres I would love to take ya up on that offer!

Thank you!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Does the Gleaner in the picture have the hillside stuff on it?
No hillside leveling on that Gleaner. There was one R72 demonstrator with a Hillco leveler on it about 15 years ago but I don't think it resulted in any sales. Glenn probably has more info on it. Here's a pic of Glenn operating the "Leaner Gleaner" demo unit around 1999 or 2000.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts