The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if they did any updates on clean air filter for exhaust them 14 ones couldn't run a full day before it plugged just wondering if it it changed and so like to see some pictures of the reroute of stuff

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am sure glad to see Deere is addressing this issue as it was a huge PIA. We cleaned ours at least once a day. It was just a poor design pulling air right beside the rotor covers. It's a no brainer it was going to plug instantly. I'm thinking whoever engineered this may no longer be employed at Deere!

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
I am sure glad to see Deere is addressing this issue as it was a huge PIA. We cleaned ours at least once a day. It was just a poor design pulling air right beside the rotor covers. It's a no brainer it was going to plug instantly. I'm thinking whoever engineered this may no longer be employed at Deere!
Surprisingly we didn't plug ours that often, we ran five S680 following each other around the field. We cleaned them every second day. If the combines were farther away from each other they would last a lot longer than that.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Surprisingly we didn't plug ours that often, we ran five S680 following each other around the field. We cleaned them every second day. If the combines were farther away from each other they would last a lot longer than that.
This was probably part of our problem we ran both combines pretty close to each other. It is always easier on the cart driver to stay close especially in rolling terrain.

·
Registered
69 Posts
your right after looking it was a update for the shield and brackets for the muffler and that hose that goes to the right hand side off the muffler not sure what else there was done to it I wasn't around when they came out and changed it

·
Registered
9 Posts
We ran two s680 combines this year and the boys at our local dealership came up with there own fix they used some steel flexpipe and ran it from the clean air intake across the top of the rotor covers and sucked the air from the radiator worked great could run for days and never had an issue plugging the exhaust filter

·
Registered
778 Posts
Emissions dumbness is right. What a bunch crap for nothing. I always liked the fact that STSs were fairly open on the left side and easy to work on. Now we have all this junk in the way. I wonder what the hp requirement is on the blower? Waste more fuel to turn something else that isn't necessary as far as basic combine operation is concerned. Once again another reason I hold firm on the 9770 being the best balance of simplicity, value, capacity, and comfort.

·
Registered
778 Posts
The 9770 is a pos. I'll take a 60 any day
Yeah there is really no basis for a statement like that. One of the only things I can think of that is better about a 60 is the fact that it doesn't warn you about every little thing that the combine is doing but this really isn't a big deal if you actually maintain the machine and fix the sensor that causing the alarm.

Some of the major options that would make a 70 more desirable are 5 spd feeder, Pro drive, 26 ft auger, and feeder lift cylinders that can handle a 12-plus row chopping head.

Unless you are just capped at $120,000 for a combine, go for a 70 every time.

Sorry for wandering off topic.

·
Registered
739 Posts
60 were the simplest most efficient combine deere ever built. The 70s have too much electronic **** on them. And let's face it deere has never been known for being the best at electronics. The 70 series is why I went red. The s series just proved me right.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.