1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Furrow magazine, and the new S680 and S690
are supposed to be have "up to" 20% more throughput with
some new threshing packages. And with the small grains package
"up to" 10% more capacity, with less loss level.

They talk about some small changes, but I am wondering about
the marketing claims.

"Up to" does not mean much to me. What changes will help.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Feederhouse and concave will get you that increase in canola. Might start throwing it out the back but it will feed it. Our 2013 690's would plug the feederhouse quite a bit before the '15 one would

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,942 Posts
I just got my Furrow magazine, and the new S680 and S690
are supposed to be have "up to" 20% more throughput with
some new threshing packages. And with the small grains package
"up to" 10% more capacity, with less loss level.

They talk about some small changes, but I am wondering about
the marketing claims.

"Up to" does not mean much to me. What changes will help.

Maybe in Europe. Won't help in OZ with hot dry conditions.
I wonder how they calculate these figures??

·
Registered
13 Posts
You can have the same if you have a 2014 or older.... Deere.com will say install a , 8-wing feed accelerator, and heavy-duty separator grates with two rows of interrupter bars. let's spend more money.... S680 I own is a big disappointment over my 9770...

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
I think the Active Concave with hydraulic positioning will help prevent some plugging in tough conditions and subsequent breaking of concave adjuster shear bolts. On the otherhand, Claas combines have had a similar hydraulic positioned concave with overload relief on their Lexion line since intro in 1997.... albeit 17 years ago.... the life a typical patent. Lexion still has the superior APS feed accelerator since it is synchronized with the main cylinder speed and adjusts proportionally for a much wider range of crop conditions. .... whereas JD still just offers a two speed FAST / Feed Accelerator Stone Trap system.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This claim is based on the active concave isolation setup as well as a completely reworked feeder house set up. It's claim is based off of extremely harsh conditions is crops like heavy, damp wheat straw or big canola windrows. It won't really impact a corn grower for example. Just visit Deere.com and check out the "whats new for 2015" on the combine. As skeptical as people want to be, all I can say is they are at least making changes based off of feedback. You can't say that for every brand that just keeps the "status quo".

Does the new claims of much more performance help these jump a class
or 2?

Where do the S class Deere's place in the class rating?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Gleaner makes change s every year because of people's feedback.

I think every manufacturer does to a certain extent. Problem is some of them only listen to people that are growing certain crops and ignore what those changes do to a combines ability to adapt to all crops. Most of this IMO is in an attempt to milk a few more years out of a system that is nearly or is maxed out and are just band-aides instead of fixes.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Grain loss is brutal on the S series in spring wheat now. Pushing 10-30% more in the front end and next year's seeding will be done at the same time. Perhaps that's what "combine" means:)
That was the point of my thread, does this news make the 2015 S series
gain in the class rankings. So the S680 has gone from a class 6 to a 7.
and the S690 from a 7 to 8 ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.