The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone verify that this update improves residue distribution?

Is the update just as simple as it sounds? Moved the spreader rearward 2". No other changes?

I was never satisfied with the spread when in soybeans with our S77 and now have a wider head on an S88 so a little nervous about the residue spread. Would be an easy modification to do if it is as simple as drilling a couple new holes for hydraulic motor and and possibly trimming a little on a shield.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Having just got home from Husker Harvest Days I got a chance to talk to Kevin Bien about the updates I saw on here. The reasoning for moving the spreader back was more for cutting down wear on the rubber curtain. He didnt mention much about it improving the spread very much.

·
Premium Member
4,091 Posts
There is a after market kit being tested right now that will spread over 40 feet on a nice day and it will also chop up the straw as it's doing it. So if Agco won't do it this kit might be available in the future.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Got a chance to see s88 in 100 bushel spring wheat. I was impressed it covered the forty feet to my standards for running no till drill.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Snipe, do you have any information about that kit?

or is it top secret, hush hush thing?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts