The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2019 gmc 1500 and the gravel is just destroying the box in front of rear wheels 25000 km. R others noticing this. Also wipers freeze on and the defrost will not take off no matter how long u leave the defrost on seems like wipers r to low on the winshield or defrost doesnt go low enough.

Registered
Not a problem for us Ford owners!!!!!! 馃榿:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I find most newer vehicles seem to have the windshield wipers to low and they freeze up.

Registered
Put a wider running board on. I had this problem with mine also. The rear wheel fender spats are a joke and dont work. I think they discontinued them on the new style models. Chevy paint is just no good. I had mine repainted twice under warranty. The paint was so bad I was afraid to wash the truck even at the shamy. I got rid of this pick up this year because the trany was acting up.

Registered
Lol I was going to say that Kevlar. 馃槀
Oat king is right. Need running boards.
oh yeah get a Ford. 2017 and up.

Registered
I thought it was Chev that had heated tailgates so your hands didn't get cold pushing them

Registered
I use to be Chevy. Driving ford from 2011. Ford has come a long ways with this new series of truck.
I looked at a new Chevy. I really don鈥檛 like there new look. Ford Good hp. And the transmission believe me or not it鈥檚 the same as gmc. Got a new 2020 coming. F 250 diesel

Registered
You would think they would have heated wipers by now ,the paint hasn't been good since they changed to water based paints

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
Didnt realize this would turn into pissing match on brands. But yes was told from an auto body guy their paint is ****. He Bought a different brand because of it was gm all his life. But not getting rid of it so have to remedy it maybe will look into line x. Boxes should not stick out from the line of the truck cab there lies the problem.

Registered
I didn't think it mattered what brand of vehicle it was, if its on gravel and has no mud flaps behind the front tires its going to throw gravel and hit whatever it can behind it but the flaps only do so much themselves and so running boards were put on trucks to try and control the gravel more so then the actual use as a step. Even our winter roads with sand on it will fly and sand blast anything it hits. I'm sure body contours are having an effect also. Interesting about the water based paints not being as durable. Chev does have the optional rear fender liners, how they work out in the long run I have no idea though.

Registered
On our 17s they have what looks like spray in bedliner with paint over top in those areas prone to stone chips, it seems to work really good whatever it is.

Registered
Put a set of peterbilt flaps below the running board. They can be close to the road, and back far enough that front wheel cannot back over it to pull it off. Stops a lot of sand blast

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
I do have mudflaps on. When bought the truck not to many options for running boards was planning on getting some but nothing would protect very good at the time a year ago. Yes on kick panel of cab they have what looks like line x but nothing on box. Have seen these trucks wash the paint off for quite a few years in front of rear tire. Wish vehicle manufacturers would use paint like paccar that paint is unreal.

Registered
I would think it's allot more due to the rear fender design than the paint . The modern water based paint is bascoat only and still uses the same topcoat clear as far as I know .

Registered
Have a 2019 gmc 1500 and the gravel is just destroying the box in front of rear wheels 25000 km. R others noticing this. Also wipers freeze on and the defrost will not take off no matter how long u leave the defrost on seems like wipers r to low on the winshield or defrost doesnt go low enough.
BRS, for what its worth the second time I had Murrays chev repaint it they put a stone guard around the lower panels on the door and box fenders. That helped but didn't keep truck long enough for a long term result. Problem was the top panels where truck was not repainted still flaked off. A lot of areas flaked off in toony sized shapes. Even my Bow tie paint washed off. Never used a pressure washer to wash it, you have to use a garden hose. what a load of...鈥..! Yeah ford and dodge have their problems too. When you pay 60 grand for a pick up you at least want to be proud of your horse.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts