The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 329 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talked to Claas man today. New machine will have a 500 bushel tank, larger cylinder with 2 more rasp bars and larger heavier impeller. Different crop flow where rotors are fed from different angle.
Sounds like quite the machine.

·
Premium Member
7,948 Posts
How come the John Deere guy is breaking the new Lexion details???

Vailcat is your Claas man gonna sell you one of these things? If so tell him you won't do the deal unless it has steps in the new 500 bushel grain tank!:wink:

·
Super Moderator
2,508 Posts
They seem to put the new stuff in the big model for a year then it works it’s way into the others.
Dynamic cooling, auto stop, new drives, etc., true, 780 got all that first.
Might be different when they introduce a new “revolutionary” across the board model line.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh and last but not least steps into the grain tank!! I was just talking to him today and asked about the details

We caught a couple inches rain Saturday morning so naturally I’m calling around spending all the money I think I’ll have;). Of course that would mean it would have to keep raining which seems impossible since to get one good rain took a couple years

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'm actually getting excited can't wait for August 1 ! I love the north american color scheme i wish they kept that.

·
Super Moderator
2,508 Posts
I didn’t think we were going to have any sort of decent crop but June completely reversed that, testing here would be nice!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Do they Share some information in the newsletter at the claas website? I dont want to sign up fir nothing...

I was hoping a bit more info would be leaked before august 1st.

Especially about the new MTU Engine...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ok, I found something at MTU Homepage.
But it seems the Engines are maxed out at 644hp.
Thought it would be more, since Dome Custom harvesters here chipped thier 780s above 700hp.

Sorry for the aweful spelling. German autocorrect is Pita.

Arcus

·
Registered
51 Posts
That must be what we call a Mercedes?

No, more likely to learn here than the Claas website.
Until August 1st.

No, MTU another german engine manufacturer. But they have a history with Daimler Benz. Also with Detroit Diesel Corporation (DDC) in former Daimler-Chrysler times.
They do e.g. the diesel engine of the Leopard II tank -german main battle tank.
But I doubt they will add this 1500hp engine :D

https://www.mtu-online.com/mtu/applications/agriculture-forestry/

Looking at agricultural equipment you already see Claas products.
It was also announced in several magazines that Claas switches to MTU.

So the strongest engine is listed with 644hp, but I dont know according which norm this is measured.
I doubt they will add a V12 from the construction, mining or marine line.

https://www.mtu-online.com/mtu/products/engine-program/

1 - 20 of 329 Posts