The Combine Forum banner

321 - 329 of 329 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,645 Posts
All good changes. Hopefully when you back up the actual back-up camera is shown on screen and we don't have to cycle through a bunch of dumb warnings like the hopper being up or coolant being low.:rolleyes:

I kinda wish that when they put that extra rotor grate in there on the 8800 that they also put cebis controlled rotor flaps to cover it as well. Wouldn't use it very often, but occasionally I had to drop my rotor speed when I would have rather had more covers. Nitpicking I know.
I’ve not actually driven it yet but I hope you’re right on that screen annoyance!

You mean cover 5 instead of the 4 of 6 concaves?
If so I thought of that too, the smoother flow will not break straw up as much hopefully reducing shoe load anyway.
Also, the from cab main concave cover may help in those conditions as well. Don’t know. Lots to learn.

·
Super Moderator
2,645 Posts
Should read rotor grates, but yes that's what I mean.
You actually did say rotor grate.

I installed the extra covers on the 18, pita as you have to change rotor concaves, cover rod supports missing.
Techie Justin and I discussed it for the 8800, I elected to leave it stock. Doesn’t look like a year we may have the chaffing, often a poor crop issue anyway, but you never know.

Speaking of rotor grates, they are changed, laser cut and a different shape of fingers, supposed to separate better.
Nothing left untouched on the new series.

Oh, back to the front, the rubber belt feeder has the skinny, almost nothing dust shields, feeder open width is wider than the drum is, anti wrap front bearings and no concerns of belt skittering the reason.
Also, only has 42 slats instead of the 54 the steel chain has, these two features should really help feeding.

·
Super Moderator
2,645 Posts
Don, how long have the rotor grates been finger design? I thought all 700 series had wire grates.
Correct, they were wire, finger setup is new and I can see it would separate differently. I’ll get a few pics tomorrow for the forum, bore the **** out of everybody!

Reminds me of that joke
How long have the rotor grates been finger type?
What time is it now?

Longer prep pan, with more room needed for the increased diameter cylinder and impeller the frame was stretched forward, more room for prep.
However, wheelbase I believe is unchanged as front axle has been set back.
Exhibit A
Note axle lines up right under back of feeder drive sheave.
Exhibit B

Note axle definitely further back.
Sure there are an assortment of reasons including center of gravity under massive hopper.

NO NEW PICS BELOW

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
Correct, they were wire, finger setup is new and I can see it would separate differently. I’ll get a few pics tomorrow for the forum, bore the **** out of everybody!

Reminds me of that joke
How long have the rotor grates been finger type?
What time is it now?

Longer prep pan, with more room needed for the increased diameter cylinder and impeller the frame was stretched forward, more room for prep.
However, wheelbase I believe is unchanged as front axle has been set back.
Exhibit A
Note axle lines up right under back of feeder drive sheave.
Exhibit B

Note axle definitely further back.
Sure there are an assortment of reasons including center of gravity under massive hopper.

NO NEW PICS BELOW
That will make it even sink in further in our soft clay soils! They are TOO HEAVEY, on the front Now!

321 - 329 of 329 Posts