The Combine Forum banner

41 - 60 of 329 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
I just heard a list of the changes and Claas has been listening. Sounds well worth a model change. For starters there is an ejector rod on the stone trap!
hmmm might be some good used machines coming to get me into a 700 series now 🙌

·
Premium Member
8,045 Posts
hmmm might be some good used machines coming to get me into a 700 series now 🙌
No pricing yet. If the price increase is as big as the claimed capacity increase I will be looking at Gleaners. So you might find my trade on another lot...ha ha

·
Registered
51 Posts
At Tingley Harvest Center Twitter feed someone said the unloading capacity is at 5.1 bu/s - which is 180l/s.
Sounds realistic when I look at the dimensions of the unloading Auger.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Dealer sent me some info last night.
510 bushel hopper.
Lexion 8xxx badging, Euro colors.
5.1 bushel per second unload speed.
25 mph road speed on tracks.
Up to 610 rated hp for the big one.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
510 bushel hopper.
The overdue increase to unload speed is nice and becomes essential with a 510 bu hopper, also nice. But what about improvements in the real heart of the combine, like the impeller to rotor transition bottle neck? There have been lots of "farmer fixes" to make this area workable but seriously, Claas has no solution???

·
Registered
346 Posts
There is significant changes in that area.

510 bushel hopper.
The overdue increase to unload speed is nice and becomes essential with a 510 bu hopper, also nice. But what about improvements in the real heart of the combine, like the impeller to rotor transition bottle neck? There have been lots of "farmer fixes" to make this area workable but seriously, Claas has no solution???

·
Registered
51 Posts
More pictures of an official presentation in France:
https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=de&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.topagrar.com%2Ftechnik%2Fnews%2Fclaas-praesentiert-voellig-neu-entwickelte-lexion-maehdrescher-11599207.html

Details in August :(
Last summer there was a photograph where it was specualted about an additional load relief inbetween the front axle. We know this from forage harvesters in europe. I am not talksing about a 3rd wheel, but maybe more tracks? :D
To summarize what we "know" so far for the top model:
- bigger hopper - max 510 bu / 17.800l
- unloadig capacity 5.1 bu/s
- new engine MTU engine 1500-stage V series with 380-380kW (644hp max)
- bigger cylinder with 2 additional rasp bars (10 instead of 8 bars = 75cm instead of 60cm)
- new rotor feeding system
- new Vario header V1380 with 45ft. and new Convio Flex header
- always 40 km/h
- steps into the hopper :p
- euro colours everywhere

All the fancy stuff we know from the last 98 pages of the 780's spec.
But probably an awefull turning radius and unloading auger with doesnt come far enough.

Model number will be:
LEXION 5300, 5400, 5500, 6600, 6700, 6800, 6900 (5 and 6 walkers), 7400, 7500, 7600, 7700 (narrow body hybrid?), 8700, 8800 and 8900 (wide body hybrid)

Some fresh video:

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
:22: Look boys and girls mom and dad said Aug 1st. Patience!

That unload in the video!! Giggity.

The 25% throughout though? Better be 25% more horse torques to go with.

·
Super Moderator
2,645 Posts
The 25% throughout though? Better be 25% more horse torques to go with.
Not necessarily, more efficient flow through machine and redesigned drives could potentially put a big saving on power/fuel consumption.
I don’t buy the 25% anyway, are they comparing a 740 to whatever the biggest hp model is, no relative reference.

41 - 60 of 329 Posts