81 - 100 of 329 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,051 Posts
Oh goody!
Engines have EGR and SCR now. EGR supposed to be background innocuous.
Something about Dynamic Engine Control. Should save at least 10 ml of fuel per year.
Runs on three cylinders until engine warmed.
Not sure that’s an emissions or a fair competition thing.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I the past they had Lexion walker models called "Elevation".
Has that not been a New Holland term as well?
Sorry I was wrong... just had a look at our 2003 Lexion 440... it was called "Evolution". You are right, "Elevation" was a NewHolland term.

I also had a ride on our neighbours 760 15 min ago. He was talking about a 4th cylinder for Feeding the rotors in the new Models. (according to a Claas technican)
They call them "APS Synflow Hybrid"
Is Synflow the Revolution? ?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
I saw a new one yesterday at Jamestown butler. All drives on left side. Impeller is 24” and cylinder is now 30”!!!

·
Super Moderator
3,051 Posts
What do the 4 cylinders look like? Like JD Series?
Not sure where this 4 cylinder thing is coming from, APS (virtually unchanged), cylinder (larger) impeller (much larger) rotors, chopper or not. Same number of components as old model.
Unless walker machine is masssively changed?

·
Registered
816 Posts
Yes due to skepticism I did not mention that one of the tecs at ag west said he had attended the factory for forager related info and saw a pile of cylinders he thought were threshing until he realized they were the new impellers .

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
I am skeptical of the hype that surrounds most new models typically, and I am for this one as well. I often question just how good the "improvements" are. However, I will say a 24" impeller is massively different than before.

My #1 criteria for a new combine model would be grain retention and durability/reliability. Our old 740 is pretty good most of the time but can certainly be improved upon. I know they have done vast changes and improvements since ours was built in 2011, but I hope the new model is even more improved.

Who wants to be the first one to dig out a plugged 24" impeller! Feederhouse reversers have been the norm for about 30 years I'm guessing. I sure would like to see some type of reverser fitted to the new model...it really wouldnt be that hard to make it happen.

·
Premium Member
8,181 Posts
I am skeptical of the hype that surrounds most new models typically, and I am for this one as well. I often question just how good the "improvements" are. However, I will say a 24" impeller is massively different than before.

My #1 criteria for a new combine model would be grain retention and durability/reliability. Our old 740 is pretty good most of the time but can certainly be improved upon. I know they have done vast changes and improvements since ours was built in 2011, but I hope the new model is even more improved.

Who wants to be the first one to dig out a plugged 24" impeller! Feederhouse reversers have been the norm for about 30 years I'm guessing. I sure would like to see some type of reverser fitted to the new model...it really wouldnt be that hard to make it happen.
Maybe right side is a door to up-plug the impeller without going in the hopper...ha ha

I'm still waiting for someone to put my most wished for of all options: Something that collects a sample of the rear discharge from the rotors and chaffer(separately) and cleans the grain out and gets a precise read on machine losses. If someone were to do this then I would almost certainly buy one. Of course, the machine would have to be good at saving grain too.:smile:

My 780tt has been really durable for two years now, approaching 600 sep hours and basically no downtime in the field. Just chopper blades so far for wear parts. Sailed through it's pre-season inspection with only a broken stone trap hinge and the tube support for the chopper belt needed welding(common things). Couple bent feeder slats and a cotter pin missing from unload chain and that's it. Been the most reliable combine I have ever owned and also getting the most bushels through it per hour by far. I hope the new machines are this reliable.

·
Premium Member
5,389 Posts
Bjtjjl the impeller does indeed feed the rotor. It has been one of the notorious trouble spots. Hopefully they got it fixed this time.

·
Premium Member
5,389 Posts
With the Ideal and New Lexion coming out I wonder if John Deere will finally release their new machine they have been prototyping for years.

81 - 100 of 329 Posts