The Combine Forum banner

161 - 180 of 329 Posts

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
That video above shows a massive side panel for the impeller, driven from the left side. To put 24" in perspective, that is the 500 and 700 series cylinder diameter. But will it be enough? They have doubled the horsepower but not the impeller. I am a believer that size doesn't matter though. An effective method of splitting the material really is crucial though, among other things.

I think it would be a home-run if the new impeller has a roundbar stationary concave rounded slotted panel under it to help thresh and separate. This would be an simple, affordable boost in capacity if it was designed to not hinder impeller feeding.

I'm not holding my breath.

It’s a good thing your not holding your breath!

No grates under the impeller or any silliness like that but with the extra diameter makes it’s possible to feed the rotor at an under neath angle and at a much more aggressive part of the rotor ears.

Next: Patent infringement!!!!

Didn’t you come up with a slide out concave grate that comes out the side?

Because so does the new machines! Corn to small grains is 5 mins.

Good thing you filed that with the patent office! Right?

·
Registered
252 Posts
3 years ago when I went on the factory tour in Omaha, I was amazed at how the Claas reps genuinely listened to farmers suggestions. I sat down with a young guy and he actually listened to some of my suggestions and wish list. He even went to his office and called the company that painted the grain tanks (which was just up the road a few miles) to inquired about changing the color from black to yellow. It never happened, maybe he just called his wife about supper, lol.

My suggestions included:

1. Changing the chain on the clean grain elevator to a cogged belt like a Gates PowerGrip. I don't like chains, they are loud, need lubrication frequently and wear out too easily in dusty conditions.

2. 2 speed clean grain elevator for us small gain guys. We don't need 5000 bushels an hour cracking wheat and canola and wearing out the auger and that small chain at the top of the elevator. New Holland has a 2 speed shoe that takes 3 minutes to move a belt to a different set of pulleys.

3. Paint the inside of the grain tank yellow instead of black for better visibility to see the grain sample. This would add zero expense to building the combine and be cheaper than the Profi Cam. Hopefully with the new color scheme they will paint the inside of the grain tank white.

4. Bigger rear window. I really like to see the grain sample as it helps to stet he combine properly. I know the profi cam works great but its lots of money ($10,000 ?) and I am cheap.

5. Unloading auger chain changed to a gates Powergrip belt. It would be cheaper than the o-ring chain that is on there now. It would last forever, not need to be oiled, be a lot quieter and be more efficient in power transfer. Motorcycles have been using then for over 25 years in place of the drive chain. They last for over 100,000 miles and can handle well over 100 hp. Harley Davidson had some bikes without a chain adjuster as the belt never even needed to be tightened for the life of the belt, 10 years and 100,000 miles!

Lets see if any of my wishes come true.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
I renew my demand that Claas should pay some guys here for thier ideas and development support.
Or atleast give some good discounts for a new purchase.

SC: "Hey I am Seedcleaner from the Combine Forum"
ClassSalesGuy : checking list
ClassSalesGuy : Ahhh I see - you guy get 30% off

:D
HAHA. You guys are funny.

"Hi, I am Don Boles from the Combine Forum"
"Hi Mr. Boles, we owe you $156,000 CND

·
Registered
703 Posts
It’s nearly starting to look like the release of the new Lexion might tick quite a few boxes on the wish list, fingers crossed

·
Registered
703 Posts
https://www.claas.co.uk/products/combines/lexion8000
This new combine looks great on paper it’s going to interesting to hear feed back once they get in the field. 105 degree auger swing, huge unload auger, unload auger shutoff seperate to bin auger shutoff, large dust extractor on the feeder house, interchangeable concave section, smoother flow of material through the threshing system. The list of improvements for the new model is huge, no wonder they changed the model numbers. Now that’s how you do a new model, well done Claas :49::49:

·
Registered
671 Posts
All looks pretty nice. I'd love to have one. Now if I could only figure out how to make a 5-600k machine pencil in the wonderful ag conditions we currently have. Oh I don't discriminate either, I handed a Deere salesman a pencil the other day and told him to prove the "it will pay for itself" claim. I'm told I'm known to be a little rough on salesman.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=24&v=8MSJgB5XEMA

I would think with the amount of changes done at the threshing area, it would be more than 10% increase in throughput. That can be done currently with just Sunnybrook or adding horsepower. To me, it would appear to be more like 30% increase, but apparently not.

I sure like what they have done with the amount of hydraulically engaged cover plates, rub bar, etc... Hopefully all done on-the-go.

No details on 3-d sieve...probably not changed. Hopefully the rotor flaps do what they promise, but it still appears to limit rotor separation just to help sieve.

Apparently a new quantimeter, but no details. Hopefully more repeatable accuracy.

·
Premium Member
8,181 Posts
Hmmm, Field Scanner replacing the Laser Pilot. Does both sides and recognizes tramlines, presumably can work with any header with no wiring or sensors on the header(front). This sounds pretty cool.

I haven't seen one in person but it looks like cylinder variator is still on RH side but rotor one is moved to LH side? Looks like triple V-belt on impeller drive now. Basically this thing is gonna render my parts cabinet useless from the looks of it with all the changes...:frown:

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I haven't seen one in person but it looks like cylinder variator is still on RH side but rotor one is moved to LH side? Looks like triple V-belt on impeller drive now. Basically this thing is gonna render my parts cabinet useless from the looks of it with all the changes...:frown:
Yes that is how it is.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Good to see they have made these changes, now they can maybe compete with us New Holland guys!!!!!!!!

161 - 180 of 329 Posts