The Combine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard that guys with new 2020's are having feeding problems. the supposed cause is how the head is being made. Previously during manufacturing the head was supported on the ends giving it a "smile" which would straighten out once attached to the combine. At some point they began to support the header in the center during manufacturing and the result is a "frown" that only gets worse once attached. Granted the conditions these combines are being run in aren't great, down 100bu barley with tough straw, But case knows there is a problem. Anyone with a new 2020, or one on order might want to ask their dealer about this concern.

·
Registered
180 Posts
We had that exact problem with our 1020's the first year they moved production to Saskatoon. We ended up having to loosen all the bolts supporting the frame and then dropping the heads to the ground with wood blocks on each end to give it a smile. I hadn't heard about this problem as of yet but I will ask our dealer to look at our new 2020's that are sitting in their lot. Thanks for the heads up BW!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.