The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Asked this question in the header section and only got one reply. Looking at either a 2020 or a 3020 25 foot head to go on a 8010. I owned a new 2020 30 footer for two seasons and had lots of problems with skid shoe wear, it was a 07 model and we think it might have been damaged in trucking by not being tied down right. the 2020 im looking at now is a 2010 model

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
I would get another draper. I remember you said this was for another machine, but you did have a draper on your primary. You will not be happy going back to an auger head. I know the drapers are more money, but they will pay for themselves and hold resale value. Auger heads are heading down in value more and more.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They don't make a 25 foot flex draper yet so I have to go back to a auger head. The whole reason behind a 25 foot head for us is so we can bale straw when we do oats and to get into small fields and get threw bridges without removing the head when were on beans, it seems like I never have a place to hook up to our 35 foot draper with the other combine, and just the time we do it on the road it seems like church just got out.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I ran a 3020 last season and a fd70 before that. Honestly if a 3020 was the only option i would not grow soybeans. the fd70 is a far superior head to a 3020.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Personally I have no experience with the 3020, but I know a few guys that had them after they were first introduced... all of them have since traded for draper headers. I run a 2152 and love it... Had a 2020 but was never happy with the feeding abilities of it.

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
The 3020 should be fine, especially at 25'. It's nowhere near as good as the 2152 or 2162. But it's a lot better than the 2020.

Pretty sure the 2152 is available at 25'. But you probably still want flex capability?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Own 2 3020s 25 ft for the same reason you are talking, can leave on to move through gates and sneak down the odd road. Both have air reels. Used to have a 30 ft draper, a 2162, but traded back to the 3020 as not good in short beans and no flex. Never had any skid pad problems with the 3020's. 3 seasons on 1 and 2 on the other. Biggest problem is center finger drive came apart and wrecked the auger. Never ran a 2020.

·
Registered
9 Posts
We have run our 3020 for two seasons now and we really like it. We combine together with neighbors and our 3020 does a noticeably better job cutting soybeans. There are added features on the new 3020 that we like too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts