The Combine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will a 2020 caseih flexhead feed and cut as well as a 1020, and are there any pro's or con's with the 2020? Oh by the way the 2020 is a full fingered auger. Thanks in advance for any replies.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
In tall peas the 2020 kicks the 1020. It just keeps feeding where the 1020 wouldn't.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
2020 in soybeans shaves the ground closer and feeds nicer than the 1020. If you put the head on a 2588 or older machine there is a pair of rubber flaps that install on the auger drum directly in front of the feeder house to kick it in, these are a must. If you need an adapter plate to get the 2020 on an older machine I have one that I will sell dirt cheap.

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
The 2020 in wheat is awful. Crop wraps around the drum and won't feed right. The crop fed in lumps. We spent hours adjusting the stripper plates but to no avail. Never had any problems using it in peas on the ground. But wheat was nothing but a fight.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
It cuts durum and barley ok. Not as good as draper header.

·
Registered
12 Posts
cptusa I have a 2377 with a 2020 head on it and the soybean plug up just before entering the throut where can I find the rubber flaps you were talking about, and I take it they are installed to feed better?

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
You should be able to get the flaps at your dealer. The auger drum has pre drilled holes in it, may have to attach an angle iron to the auger drum, and then the flaps to it. If your CIH dealer can't figure it out, talk to a New Holland dealer. The flaps are standard on the NH heads. You could also make your own. It is just a 1/2-3/4 inch thick, 6-8 inches long and 4-6 inches tall. Make sure that you auger drum is also as close to the feeder as you can get it. Good luck, been there it can be a *****.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Have had 3 1020 heads, a 25' 2020 head & now a 25' 3020 head for use on soybeans. The 2020 head was the WORST. The head is unbalanced & wants to gouge on left side since that is where the weight is since the reel drive has been moved from right to left. The 1020 & 3020 head have reel drive on the right :) The 2020 dividers gather & strip soybean pods from the stalks. The dividers are terrible. The main frame broke after 1 week of use after buying head new. Reel ends have a tendency to wrap. There is a gap between back of sickle & platform that is surprisingly large and allows soybeans to fall out. STick with the 1020 and add the plastic auger grabbers @ $30 each. The 2000 series corn heads & platforms are bet sto be avoided. Upgrading a 1000 series head is cheap & you'll have an excellent head

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Cant say I had those troubles, never ran the 3020 heads. 2020 worked good, just the feeding issue. 2000 series corn head had knife rolls and worked good, would say the 1000 series was the better out of the two. 3000 series corn head was crap for me. Never fed good if minor moisture on stalks, shelled like no other. Frustrating when you go to a newer model and the old ones kick its but. I gave up on the CNH heads, went to macdon and drago. CNH makes good base units, but headers are sub par.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts